3-20-05 Back from Mercury Today?????

eandee

Folks,

:confused: Oh come on, someone has to be back at a computer by now!

We want to hear all about it. I know the weather was real bad leaving and coming home.

Anyone out there yet?

Hi Everyone!

Just back from San Francisco and the Mercury. Tons of stuff to do, so here are a few points (more to follow):

Sablel, eandee-- the Muster drill was at 5:30 and we sailed away about 8:00pm.

The Mercury was late getting into port on the 20th, but today we sailed in right on time +-7:00am.

Everything was great!! This is our 8th Celebrity cruise, and the 19th overall; Dining room food and service was as good as we have ever experienced!!:D The ship is in great shape.

Only down side--because San Francisco is only doing three cruises this month (all the Mercury's sailings) the ground staff is full of energy, but little "know how"--Boarding and Disembarkation was a little "goofy" --not enough to keep from giving this cruise experience an A+!!!

Enjoy!

Kel

We're back too! Had a great time.

Liz - Dru is still cruise director. I did hear he was going on vacation soon, but did not catch when - maybe one of our fellow cruisers will know. We lucked out in SF, Monterey and Catalina. Forecast was for rain, but on embarkation in SF and in both ports the rain started at sail away. We had a little bit of rockiness the first two days out and a lot of rocking on the last two days back. But the weather in Mexico was wonderful. Warm with cooling breezes.

We'll try to give some more info tomorrow.

Dragonlady

Just returned from the Mercury 03/20/05 sailing. It was definitely one of the best out of eleven cruises we've taken. Of course, having a Sky Suite helped out alot, along with the Butler, wonderful weather at all the ports, even Monterey, and dinner one night at the Captain's Table. A 10-night cruise is the perfect length to get away from it all. Sailing back under the Golden Gate this morning was the most magnificent way to end the last morning of the cruise.

As others have said, the first and last sea days were rough going, but it did not ruin the cruise experience on the Mercury. She has the most friendly crew on the seas, IMHO. Everyone you come into contact with smiles and greets you. This has not been the case with other cruise lines we've been on, mainly RCCL and Holland America.

We took Randi's Happy Horses tour in Mazatlan, the Jungle Tour in PV, Land's End by Catamaran in Cabo, and the Glass Bottom Boat in Catalina. All good tours, but I recommend the Happy Horses most of all. Our seven year old son will never forget that day, as it was his first time riding.

I would sail this itinerary again with Celebrity....As close to 'perfection' as one might reasonably expect for a mass market cruise experience.

SDCruiser

:p

Just returned from the Mercury 03/20/05 sailing. It was definitely one of the best out of eleven cruises we've taken. Of course, having a Sky Suite helped out alot, along with the Butler, wonderful weather at all the ports, even Monterey, and dinner one night at the Captain's Table. A 10-night cruise is the perfect length to get away from it all. Sailing back under the Golden Gate this morning was the most magnificent way to end the last morning of the cruise.

As others have said, the first and last sea days were rough going, but it did not ruin the cruise experience on the Mercury. She has the most friendly crew on the seas, IMHO. Everyone you come into contact with smiles and greets you. This has not been the case with other cruise lines we've been on, mainly RCCL and Holland America.

We took Randi's Happy Horses tour in Mazatlan, the Jungle Tour in PV, Land's End by Catamaran in Cabo, and the Glass Bottom Boat in Catalina. All good tours, but I recommend the Happy Horses most of all. Our seven year old son will never forget that day, as it was his first time riding.

I would sail this itinerary again with Celebrity....As close to 'perfection' as one might reasonably expect for a mass market cruise experience.

SDCruiser

Wow!!

So soon now for the rest of us!

She is nearing the Golden Gate as we speak!!

Liz

Sdcruiser,

I saw your post comment about the Sky Suite and was wondering which suite and if you are going to post any stateroom pics? I booked our first Celebrity Sky Suite for this summer, Mercury 8/12/05. We will be in cabin 1211. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks

Sdcruiser,

I saw your post comment about the Sky Suite and was wondering which suite and if you are going to post any stateroom pics? I booked our first Celebrity Sky Suite for this summer, Mercury 8/12/05. We will be in cabin 1211. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks

yes,

I am wondering the same thing, also did anyone of your Cruise Critic buddys have a Sky Suite Guarantee?

Liz

We had Sky Suite 1209, and it was great. I haven't downloaded the pics just yet, but will over the weekend. It was back to work today for me..uugh.

The suite life was wonderful. We took full advantage of the offerings, such as the Aqua Spa Thallosotherapy Pool, full breakfast in the room every morning, all the food they serve in the suites before dinner, ie tea and sandwiches, and hour d ourves, and even had wine bottles from the dining room delivered to the cabin without a corkage fee. We also were invited to many VIP type events, and even a dining one evening at the Captain's Table.

We were a family of three and had plenty of storage space. The only drawback was the creakiness of the cabin when the seas were not smooth. We brought ear plugs anyway, so it didn't interfere much with our sleep.

It was a great cruise. Although I felt the motion of the ocean today at work and almost fell out of my chair a couple of times..

SDCruiser

We had Sky Suite 1209, and it was great. I haven't downloaded the pics just yet, but will over the weekend. It was back to work today for me..uugh.

The suite life was wonderful. We took full advantage of the offerings, such as the Aqua Spa Thallosotherapy Pool, full breakfast in the room every morning, all the food they serve in the suites before dinner, ie tea and sandwiches, and hour d ourves, and even had wine bottles from the dining room delivered to the cabin without a corkage fee. We also were invited to many VIP type events, and even a dining one evening at the Captain's Table.

We were a family of three and had plenty of storage space. The only drawback was the creakiness of the cabin when the seas were not smooth. We brought ear plugs anyway, so it didn't interfere much with our sleep.

It was a great cruise. Although I felt the motion of the ocean today at work and almost fell out of my chair a couple of times..

SDCruiser

Did you take some allergy/sinus med? They say it helps sometimes with land sickness.

I have ear plugs too because everything keeps me awake! Real sexy on your honeymoon.

So no word on Sky Suite Guarantees I take it?

Liz

Archived