PG 4/30- bike rentals

javafreek

Someone posted that you can rent bicycles on Bora Bora somewhere off the main road. My husband and I would like to do this and ride to Bloody Mary's for lunch or drinks. Can anyone give me info or tips about this and do we need local currancy for Bloody Mary's or bike rental?

Thanks for your help!

Can't comment on the currency, although I'm sure you don't need it for Bloody Mary's. Never hurts to have the local currency, I usually just pick some up at the airport.

But do be aware that it's quite humid and fairly hot, especially in spring. So if you can cope with the heat, fine, but make sure to take some water (and sunscreen of course)!

Your credit card is taken everywhere and they'll probably want it for bike rentals to take a deposit in case you fail to return their bikes. Bloody Mary's also takes credit cards as I recall. I spent several days on Bora Bora in '97 so I made the customary meal stop at Bloody Mary's. Pretty much unimpressive and not the best use of your time if time is limited.

The bike ride might be ok, although when we were back on BB this year I thought the road traffic had increased substantially. So be prepared for a lot of exhaust.

As I recall, the bike rentals are just to the right as you exit the pier and hit the main street in Vaitape.

Either they or the ship will have a map with the sights. The ship also may have an island guide which will show the location most likely.

There's really not much more than the one main road that goes around the island. As I recall, you just keep heading in the same direction (i.e. to the right as you come off the dock) once you have your bikes or car; BM is thataway.

Incidentally, here's a link with several bike rental places noted. http://www.boraboraisland.com/todo/recreation.html

Archived