How long does it take to tender in Cabo?

breenw

I guess it can, I thought our tender boat was going to tip over once when on the Splendor, the water so SOOO choppy and I was in the very back corner of the boat, all wet and looking straight down into the water at times! Almost impossible for the driver to pull up to the loading platform on the ship. Scary!!!

What month ?

Thank you for the help regarding ship time vs. local time. According to your info, Cabo Helper, the ship will be in port from 9 - 6 and 7 - 4 on 11/21, 22. which is the same as our itinerary says. I assume this to mean the ship will change its clocks to MDT prior to docking in Cabo. We are meeting someone at the dock, so, also based on your info, it appears that 10am would be a safe bet for getting there, if we are on one of the first tenders.

Thank you for the roll call invitation, CW Cruiser! We will check it out. :cool:

I guess it can, I thought our tender boat was going to tip over once when on the Splendor, the water so SOOO choppy and I was in the very back corner of the boat, all wet and looking straight down into the water at times! Almost impossible for the driver to pull up to the loading platform on the ship. Scary!!!

What month ?

It was on a Pride cruise in February of 2007.

OK What am I missing ?

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the helpful info. I am going to be on the Splendor in Feb '12 and we are planning an excursion that recommends we take the 1030am bus. If I am reading the posts on the time difference correctly we will not be making that bus. Itinerary says we will get there at 930am but that means 1030 Cabo time ...correct ?

Thanks for all of the helpful info. I am going to be on the Splendor in Feb '12 and we are planning an excursion that recommends we take the 1030am bus. If I am reading the posts on the time difference correctly we will not be making that bus. Itinerary says we will get there at 930am but that means 1030 Cabo time ...correct ?

That is correct, the Splendor gets here each call in April 10:30 local (9:30 ship) on day 1 and first tender is at the pier at about 10:45 (9:45 ship) most of the time.

(Cabo Helper)

We are on the Carnival Spirit Christmas Cruise this year and have 2 port days scheduled in Cabo - 12/26: 9-6 and 12/27: 7-4. Do you know if ship time will also be Cabo Time?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Alaska... the week of26th and 27th they will be here on local time. 2 other ships scheduled for 26th and you are alone here on 27th :)

That is correct, the Splendor gets here each call in April 10:30 local (9:30 ship) on day 1 and first tender is at the pier at about 10:45 (9:45 ship) most of the time.

Sorry I meant to say each call in February as your original question asked...long day and tired eyes.

It is not allowed for any other type of vessels other than tenders to transport guests off the ship in this port.

Not off the ship, but if someone missed the last tender from Cabo has a vessel(non tender)/water taxi taken passengers to the departing ship?

Not off the ship, but if someone missed the last tender from Cabo has a vessel(non tender)/water taxi taken passengers to the departing ship?

No, not allowed either on or off. The only vessels that can transport passengers to or from here are the ship tender/life boats or local Cabo Tenders. There is always a local tender on stand-by past departure time.

• 2 months later...

That week, Splendor will be in Cabo on Tuesday March 20 and Wednesday March 21 on LOCAL time which will be the same as ship. That is because DL Savings starts in the US on March 11th and not in Mexico until April 1. So when the US sets their clocks forward on March 11, Cabo will be same as Pacific Time Zone instead of usual Mountain Time Zone. So Splendor will be in Cabo on March 20 at 9:30 ship and local! It is confusing but just trust me on this after so many years or having to figure it out. Splendor and Spirit will be here on local from March 13-31.

• 2 months later...
Cabo helper can you confirm that if we land at 9:30am on 10/23 with the Splendor, the time in Cabo will be 10:30am?

Forgive me! I am so sorry for my slow reply. It is so seldom that I have enough time to be able to sign-on but today I checked some back posts and saw yours. In October, the Splendor will be staying on ship time and Cabo will be an hour ahead. So yes, on day 1, you will get here 9:30 ship and 10:30 local. And just fyi, as of right now, the Splendor will be the only ship here :)

No sorry...the only vessel that is allowed to pull alongside of the ship is a federally certified and insured tender driven by a federally certified and licensed captain. So the ship´s tender or a local tender that has been hired by the cruiseline is your only option.

Archived