Just back from Aegean on Spirit

We just got back yesterday and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who provided information on the Spirit and the Thomson's "experience" in general. We had a great time, far better than our previous Ocean Village trip. In fact we will almost certainly cruise again, even if not every year, whereas after OV we weren't really sure if cruising was really our thing...

I have posted an extensive review on the site so once it gets approved/published you can read the full gory details, so I won't say much more here.

BTW The famous Spirit vibration was in evidence and it didn't cause me any problems whatsoever, it was much less irritating that the OV engine rumble was.

Thanks again to all who contributed (especially to whoever suggested using the TV to monitor the outside world view from our inside cabin - that was a real sanity saver!

Alan G.

We just got back yesterday and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who provided information on the Spirit and the Thomson's "experience" in general. We had a great time, far better than our previous Ocean Village trip. In fact we will almost certainly cruise again, even if not every year, whereas after OV we weren't really sure if cruising was really our thing...

I have posted an extensive review on the site so once it gets approved/published you can read the full gory details, so I won't say much more here.

BTW The famous Spirit vibration was in evidence and it didn't cause me any problems whatsoever, it was much less irritating that the OV engine rumble was.

Thanks again to all who contributed (especially to whoever suggested using the TV to monitor the outside world view from our inside cabin - that was a real sanity saver!

Alan G.

So pleased you enjoyed your trip and I'm looking forward to reading your review.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise Big Chik. Ocean Village was our second cruise after going to the Red Sea on the Celebration and we thought it was not a patch on Thomson, although the food was excellent. We found it too informal, people going to dinner without even changing out of their shorts that they worn all day! Some friends went on it last year, their first cruise and he says he never wants to cruise again. I told him to try another line, because they are not all the same.

As I said, we have been on Celebration(twice) and so know about the "wobble" you get used to it.

I know a lot of people on here loved the Ocean Village, but it was not for us. Still, as you say it has gone now, although did I read on here somewhere that it may be coming back to Britain?

Archived