Miami Hotel

CRUISING71

Originally, our plan is to fly to FLL, but airfare just went up and it costs more than to fly directly to MIA. So we went ahead and book flight to MIA with AA.

I need recommendation for a hotel with:

1/ Free airport transfer

2/ Free breakfast

3/ Restaurant or store nearby, because we don't have a car.:(

we arent flying but i have been doing research about staying a night pre cruise incase the shuttle and stay services are comperable in price to just paying to park (the port is 20 dollars a day just to park!) the only hotel that i have seen so far that publishes free shuttle to the port is the La Quinta for up to 4 people below is the link to that hotel:

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ4040&propId=4040&iata=99020724&WT.srch=1&sissr=1

I see that the Holiday Inn is reasonably close and a taxi to the port each way is only 10$ so you have to decide depending on location vs price of each hotel, possibly if they hold luggage depending on your schedule etc. Good luck!

Look at Blue Lagoon area hotels (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others); all offer free airport shuttles and there is a local strip mall within a 5 minute walk (across the stree from the Hampton Inn) with shopping and dining options.

Taxi to POM the next day will cost under $30 including tip. Good luck! :)

I have stayed at both the Sofitel and the Hampton Inn in the Blue Lagoon area and they are good hotels. Hampton Inn offers the free breakfast you want.

Isa, where are you staying this time? I am debating between Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Hyatt Summerfield and Homewood Suite.

I would stay at the Hampton Inn for the amenities...

Check the reviews on Tripadvisor to be sure you choose the right one for you.

Next cruise out of Miami I am renting a car and will stay in the Dadeland area as I'm planning to do massive shopping pre-cruise :D...

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon for an earlier cruise - free snacks, beer and wine every Mon-Thursday afternoon :D, great breakfast, nice pool, and huge, 2-room suites. Dining options in the mall besides fast food and Starbucks include Chinese, Italian and Cuban. Good luck! :)

I would stay at the Hampton Inn for the amenities...

Check the reviews on Tripadvisor to be sure you choose the right one for you.

Next cruise out of Miami I am renting a car and will stay in the Dadeland area as I'm planning to do massive shopping pre-cruise :D...

Isa,

Where you are flying in from? Get ready for luggage fee. heheheheh Told hubby, I don't even want to think how am I going to pack for this trip. I have to check a bag..$ 25 each way.

Is the restaurants walkable distance from the Homewood suite?

About a 5+ minute walk from the Homewood Suites to the mall. We chose to eat Cuban (Casa Juan) which was good and popular with the locals, but has had some recent negative press. :confused: The Italian place looked very nice.

A longer walk back toward MIA will get you to the more expensive but very good 94th Aero Squadron restaurant where you can dine on steaks and such while watching the planes land and take off. http://www.94thmiami.com/94thmiami/

Good luck! :)

Yes..because we wanted double bed. Price range from $ 170-190.

$ 190 at Embassy suite. I might try bidding online when the time get closer. If I could get nice hotel for $ 80, I might get two instead.

We almost book the Freedom, so we can stop at Cuaraco. hehehehe

My friend just booked Embassy Suites for USD 103 per room (5 people), but for this October. So maybe you should book something now that you can cancel later and keep trying for lower rates when our cruise is getting near (194 more days!!)...

By all means -- book the Freedom of Breeze and come to Curacao. It is truly amazing here!!

Oh Isa I wish I can book the Freedom...it was either or...Freedoom or Liberty, so we pick Liberty because it was Saturday to Saturday.

Maybe next year, I'll get to visit your hometown.

Let not even talk about October...my airfare was $ 419 for April 2012. AA just have a sale and RT to Miami is $ 219 traveling October!!!:eek:

Let not even talk about October...my airfare was $ 419 for April 2012. :eek:

WHAT??? That's insane! My airfare from Curacao to Miami RT for April is $372 with AA!! Wow.....

To stay on the hotel topic - do you have membership of any of the hotel chains?

I'm enrolled in the Hilton Honors program and received a nice discount on a stay at the Hampton Inn...

• 1 year later...
I have stayed at both the Sofitel and the Hampton Inn in the Blue Lagoon area and they are good hotels. Hampton Inn offers the free breakfast you want.

Isa,

You said you stayed at both Sofitel and Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Which do you prefer? Going to miam for 1 day post cruise Dec 1st and are looking for somewhere to stay and it is currently a toss up between those two.

Thanks

Isa,

You said you stayed at both Sofitel and Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Which do you prefer? Going to miam for 1 day post cruise Dec 1st and are looking for somewhere to stay and it is currently a toss up between those two.

Thanks

Hard question. Sofitel is a high rise hotel with 4 stars, nice restaurant and great service. More posh than the Hampton.

But no free breakfast, no free internet, no free parking.

Hampton Inn is 2.5 stars, more "homey" and all the free stuff. They offer a cruise package (free airport shuttle and free shuttle to port for up to 2 guests per room).

Check the price difference and should you have a rental car, add on the parking fee of the Sofitel.

I always have a rental car, so my preference goes to Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.

Hard question. Sofitel is a high rise hotel with 4 stars, nice restaurant and great service. More posh than the Hampton.

But no free breakfast, no free internet, no free parking.

Hampton Inn is 2.5 stars, more "homey" and all the free stuff. They offer a cruise package (free airport shuttle and free shuttle to port for up to 2 guests per room).

Check the price difference and should you have a rental car, add on the parking fee of the Sofitel.

I always have a rental car, so my preference goes to Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.

Thank you for response Isa.

The ship will dock are 8am and I think we must disembark by 11:30 am. So would most likely have breakfast aboard the ship and our flight leaves at 8:00 am the following morning so we will probably grab something at the airport.

In reading other posts I saw someone suggest using the airport flyer bus to go to South Beach so that was what we were thinking about doing the day we are there.

Right now Sofitel's rate is $124.90 US for the day while Hampton Inn's rate is $143.11 US.

I am worried by pasts posts which have said Sofitel is old and run down and the carpets and rooms smell of mildew. So if Hampton's decor is better I would be willing to pay the extra cost even though I won't be able to take advantage of the free breakfast & shuttle to Port. I won't be having a car that day either.

So let me know what you think is my better option.

Thanks a lot.

Archived