Which would you recommend? Sheraton, Hilton, on snorkel tour

SeaYa52

We will be in Nassau for 1/2 a day on the Epic in April. We loved spending the day at Atlantis on our last trip - but can't justify the cost for only 1/2 a day. Which would you recommend - day pass for the Sheraton, the Hilton, or taking a snorkel tour? We love snorkeling- and beach days......but a swim up bar is fun too.......we'll often book an all inclusive day pass when visiting islands..... But the Wyndam does not sound nice. Suggestions appreciated.

:D

Oops - just proof read - heading should read OR snorkel tour

We will be in Nassau for 1/2 a day on the Epic in April. We loved spending the day at Atlantis on our last trip - but can't justify the cost for only 1/2 a day. Which would you recommend - day pass for the Sheraton, the Hilton, or taking a snorkel tour? We love snorkeling- and beach days......but a swim up bar is fun too.......we'll often book an all inclusive day pass when visiting islands..... But the Wyndam does not sound nice. Suggestions appreciated.

:D

Oops - just proof read - heading should read OR snorkel tour

I am headed there in 19 days and plan on going to the Hilton. We are 5 woman who just want to relax. The Hilton is within walking distance of the pier so that would save you some time not having to take buses or taxis since you are limited with time for the day. You can walk over, sit on the beach, relax, stop at the Straw Market or Senior Frogs on your way back. Its not a place for kids though since it has no floatable toys.

It has been recommended to us by Scubagirl who lives there and is always here on the boards.

I am headed there in 19 days and plan on going to the Hilton. We are 5 woman who just want to relax. The Hilton is within walking distance of the pier so that would save you some time not having to take buses or taxis since you are limited with time for the day. You can walk over, sit on the beach, relax, stop at the Straw Market or Senior Frogs on your way back. Its not a place for kids though since it has no floatable toys.

It has been recommended to us by Scubagirl who lives there and is always here on the boards.

Thank you - Hilton sounds good to me too!:D

I've been to Nassau at least six or seven times and last year we did the Hilton---yes, seriously, do the Hilton. You'll be glad you did. It's a short walk from the ship and it's a nice walk. The pool and beach and beach bar at the Hilton are great and so are the food and drinks. You can shop along the streets in the stores on your way back to the ship. You can stop in at the Straw Market and take your time getting back. I just love the people in the Bahamas. In November, my neighbor (we share the exact same birthday) and I are leaving our husbands and kids at home and we are going on a five day birthday present to ourselves cruise, stopping in Nassau. The Hilton is on our to do list, and I can't wait. My recommendation is to do the Hilton, you won't regret it.

Do you know the cost of the day pass? The Hilton site says to email, but I have an excursion site I'm looking at that says $50 per adult, plus a $30 voucher for food/drinks. Two reviews on the site say they're reputable, but I'm wondering how much the actual hotel offers the pass for.

$50.00US

ADULTS DAY PASS ONLY

Exclusive Day Pass Package Includes:

-Use of beach chairs/pool chairs/ umbrellas

-One beach towel per customer

-Use of Kayaks and Floats

-$30usd Voucher for Food and Beverage

Too good to be true? If not, I'd be all over that. BIG savings over Atlantis for three of us!

Do you know the cost of the day pass? The Hilton site says to email, but I have an excursion site I'm looking at that says $50 per adult, plus a $30 voucher for food/drinks. Two reviews on the site say they're reputable, but I'm wondering how much the actual hotel offers the pass for.

$50.00US

ADULTS DAY PASS ONLY

Exclusive Day Pass Package Includes:

-Use of beach chairs/pool chairs/ umbrellas

-One beach towel per customer

-Use of Kayaks and Floats

-$30usd Voucher for Food and Beverage

Too good to be true? If not, I'd be all over that. BIG savings over Atlantis for three of us!

The costs at the hotel is $55 so its just a $5 per person savings. I'm waiting to pay directly at the hotel, just in case its not a beach day. I think its worth the extra $5 since October is considered their "rainy season"

Nodogkisses-thanks for the review. I can't wait for 18 more days to check it out for myself.

We are experienced cruisers who always book our OWN excursions - not the cruise ones. Based on what I read, we will do the Hilton day pass when we are on the Allure in the very near future. I will post and let everyone know our opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
We are experienced cruisers who always book our OWN excursions - not the cruise ones. Based on what I read, we will do the Hilton day pass when we are on the Allure in the very near future. I will post and let everyone know our opinion.

So how was the Hilton? How is the food there? Appreciate your review!

Archived