Table Size MDR

ashipper

We are booked on the IOS to the Canaries in October 2012. We are a group of 20.

Does anybody know if you can get a table of this size or will it be 2 tables of 12.

Any help will be much appreciated.

We've had a group of 20 and were given two large tables..we've also been a group of 18 and had three smaller tables.

You never know how they will configure tables for you.

When you board go to the MDR and see Ma it'd. He/she will ensure your group are together. You can do a switch every night so that everyone gets to talk to everyone. Just leave the seniors at one table (larger one so everyone gets at chance to talk with everyone. A group of us did this once. We had 18. There was a table of 10 and two table of fours near it. So we had family time and time with Parents at the main table too. We switched every night. The only ones who stayed at the same table were the older folks at the table for ten.

When we booked the Restaurant on board for the anniversary dinner we phone it in before the cruise and they arranged it for the first formal night for us. We had several tables, 8 and two 6 tops.

We are booked on the IOS to the Canaries in October 2012. We are a group of 20.

Does anybody know if you can get a table of this size or will it be 2 tables of 12.

Any help will be much appreciated.

You will get two tables for 10.

I could not imagine a table for 20. That would be absolutely horrible.:eek:

We had 19 in our group, two ten top tables right next to each other. Worked out great. You get there, grab a seat, switch up, very nice.

When you board the ship go and see the Maitre'd. He usually starts seeing new passengers at 1.00 p.m. He will tell you which tables have been allocated for your party.

Suggest you have a list of the cabin numbers and passengers with you before you go and see him. Do not leave it until the first meal time as there can be a lomg queue of other passengees wanting to change the ir seating.

Yes, and others have said, you will likely have 2 tables of 10 each. When I planned group cruises, I was told in advance the configuration (about a month before the cruise) so I could assign who sits at what table. Note that you might not necessarily have the same waiters for both tables.

Hint: Order the fruit & cheese plate (no charge) the first night and ask that it be on the tables each night, so the first to arrive have something to munch on.

You will get two tables for 10.

I could not imagine a table for 20. That would be absolutely horrible.:eek:

We had 19 in our group, two ten top tables right next to each other. Worked out great. You get there, grab a seat, switch up, very nice.

I have seen this configuration of tables on a couple of our cruises...like a very long banquet table. Not very conducive to conversation with everyone, but at least you will all be at one table if that is what you want!

Archived