question about calling cards

flgatormom29

Calling cards that are for domestic US use would not work while in port (if you try using them at a pay phone) except in a US port. You may be able to buy cards that can be used internationally though.

Also, ANY calls even to 800 numbers on your stateroom phone will incur the posted per minute charge.

Your best bet is to buy a calling card IN the port you want to call from.

If you make any call to off the ship from your room phone, at sea or in port, you will be charged by Carnival. It doesn't matter if you are calling an 800 # or not, it still has to go through their satellite system. If you want to make a calling card call, you need to get off of the ship.

As a side note, most of the calling cards available in the US can only make calls in the US & Canada, so if you buy one for a cruise, make sure it is usable in the countries you are going to.

Enjoy

Ron

If you make any call to off the ship from your room phone, at sea or in port, you will be charged by Carnival. It doesn't matter if you are calling an 800 # or not, it still has to go through their satellite system. If you want to make a calling card call, you need to get off of the ship.

As a side note, most of the calling cards available in the US can only make calls in the US & Canada, so if you buy one for a cruise, make sure it is usable in the countries you are going to.

Enjoy

Ron

Thanks.

Guess i didn't realize i would have to purchase one outside of the US! What a hassle. My cousin actually needs one for our sailing this weekend as her husband isn't going, but for the one in december I'll need one cuz i can't go 5 days without talking to my babies!!! :rolleyes:

How much does it cost to make a call from the carnival phone? Just curious if maybe it's worth it just to not worry about a calling card and just incure some charges from carnival instead.....

Thanks!

Thanks.

Guess i didn't realize i would have to purchase one outside of the US! What a hassle. My cousin actually needs one for our sailing this weekend as her husband isn't going, but for the one in december I'll need one cuz i can't go 5 days without talking to my babies!!! :rolleyes:

How much does it cost to make a call from the carnival phone? Just curious if maybe it's worth it just to not worry about a calling card and just incure some charges from carnival instead.....

Thanks!

Carnival's prices seem to vary from sailing to sailing. Ive seen them as low as $1.99 per minute to as high as $6.99. It will be worth your time to look for an international calling card. they are available, you just have to read carefully to find which ones are international and which ones are US only. Or as EM said, ask you room steward where to get one in your first port.

Enjoy

Ron

Archived