Ventura refit/dry dock?

MattyBarlow

P&O seem to put off drydocking its ships as long as it can. If it ends up being 2014, that will be 6 years, and that is far too long for a ship. There were some areas which needed a bit of a refurb recently, mostly in the outdoor areas. Indoors she is fine, the carpet in the Waterside is in dire need of replacement, but the beach house carpet had just been replaced by the looks of it.

Would they dry-dock a ship for refurbishing a buffet or lounge? Completely rebuilding it, yes; but not just for renewing existing furnishings. They do that during normal service, don't they?

I would have though that a dry-dock would only be done for things that need the ship to be out of water: repairs/maintenance to the external propulsion components, the thrusters, and the rudders; and repairs & repainting the underwater part of the hull.

Would they dry-dock a ship for refurbishing a buffet or lounge? Completely rebuilding it, yes; but not just for renewing existing furnishings. They do that during normal service, don't they?

I would have though that a dry-dock would only be done for things that need the ship to be out of water: repairs/maintenance to the external propulsion components, the thrusters, and the rudders; and repairs & repainting the underwater part of the hull.

Yes, minor things can be done during service, but there are some things, such as completely refurbishing areas, and especially maintenence on pool areas which takes days and would cause a lot of disruption will be done in drydock. On top of the mechanical stuff and the painting of course. Also cabin refurbishments need to be done, as there isn't enough time during turnaround.

On our cruise with her a couple of weeks ago, they were replacing all the carpets on c deck whilst we were there. We had a note posted through explaining the works and apologising for any inconvenience(which was nil). I must say though, that the carpets in my opinion didn't even need changing :)

independance of the seas is to have its revitalisation programe which they are doing across the fleet putting as much of what they put on oasis and allure on all the other ships i don't think they need to do it they just are to bring it into line with the rest of the fleet this link takes you to radiance of the seas revitalisation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPTPV_ZvtrY

independance of the seas is to have its revitalisation programe which they are doing across the fleet putting as much of what they put on oasis and allure on all the other ships i don't think they need to do it they just are to bring it into line with the rest of the fleet this link takes you to radiance of the seas revitalisation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPTPV_ZvtrY

It's not getting the full works like Freedom and Liberty are which I find strange.

Archived