Kids on the ship in October

cwagner99

We are sailing on the Destiny in October when there are no school holidays but we will have our children, ages 10 and 16. I'm hoping there will still be plenty of children for them to hang out with. Is there any way to see the passenger count and breakdown of how many kids will be on board? Maybe call my PVP? Would they have that info?

Last cruise was Inspiration for Thanksgiving week and it was packed. I think almost 900 kids they said. A little crazy but we didn't mind. Well except maybe the crowded pool. :D

You don't say when you are sailing. There are school holidays in October.

Some kids are out for Columbus day. I noticed PC kids have early dismissal on the 16th, so other kids probably are too. Catholic kids are always out Nov 1st for All St. Day. My son has break Oct 15-16.

Take a couple of friends if you are worried. We sailed to Alaska about 3 years ago and there were 12 kids ages 6-12. My son had a blast. there were only two that were 12 (both boys - the other boy was from New Zealand, they still talk on Facebook). They got to spend all there time with little kids but they won all the contests!

It will be what your kids make of it. My son prefers to sail with fewer kids because they get more attention from the counselors and more computer/game time.

We were on an 8 Day last October 16th on the Miracle..our teen daughters ( 13 and 16) were probably in a group of about 15 kids... the older I think saw 4 in her age group the first night, but then they pretty much vanished, so Steph hung with her sister and the few kids that were 'regulars' in Circle C....

It didn't matter to them..they had a blast.

oh, and if you pop over to facebook, John Heald MIGHT be able to get the information for you!!! He will just need ship and date of sailing.

Who is John Heald? We are on the inspiration October 12 and I was wondering the same thing. We sailed 2 years ago and there were 19 kids I. The 2-5 range on board but only like 10 were signed up for CC. It was perfect.

We are also sailing in October on the Legend with our 17 y/o daughter. I had the same worries since DD was afraid of being bored with no other teens on board. A couple months ago I asked John Heald on FB and at that time he was able to tell me how many teens were booked for the cruise. It wasn't alot, but enough to put my mind at ease for DD finding a pal. With all the home schholers and schools that have year round school there is often a break in October that people take vacations during. Also, some of the states in the west, like us in Arizona, have a fall break and the kids are off for a week. I know Utah and parts of California also do this.

I am sailing 10/22/2011 on the Freedom it is eight days, since it is not a school break and is an eight day cruise there may not be many little darlings on the ship which is why I cruise this time of year, the down side the weather may not be so good as it is March.

Thanks for all the replies. The dates are 10/17-22. I know they will have fun anyway but they really enjoyed meeting lots of people and making new friends last time. We will be with another couple that has 2 kids so they each have a friend either way. Didn't realize that there were so many breaks. They have off Friday but that's it.

We frequently sail in October, there are some kids, but not as many as the summer or over holidays. I'm not sure there is a way to see the count for kids on board in advance, but once on board I'd say to take them to the planned activities for kids thier age and they'll most likely meet some new friends.

Who is John Heald?

John is Carnival's senior cruise director. He has a Facebook Page where he answers cruisers' questions and on his blog he talks about his experiences on the ship, takes comments and helps with steakhouse and chef table reservations.

Thanks. I'll have to friend him.

Archived