Question about ID for a minor with a deceased parent.

KatyAnn

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Does anyone know what documentation a minor child of a deceased parent needs to cruise? I know that a child of divorced parents needs a non custodial letter of consent. In the case I am concerned about the mother and minor have different last names due to remarriage.

There shouldn't be a problem as long as they aren't staying in Mexico longer than 24 hours. My 19 y/o son has a different last name and we have been cruising since he was 14 months old without a letter from his dad. Is mom the biological parent? If not, then I would bring custody papers.

Does anyone know what documentation a minor child of a deceased parent needs to cruise? I know that a child of divorced parents needs a non custodial letter of consent. In the case I am concerned about the mother and minor have different last names due to remarriage.

You will need to bring a copy of the death certificate. I was asked for it only once, but I always carry it when we cruise just to be safe.

My daughter and I have been traveling since she was 4 y.o. Her Dad died when she was 11. I took her to England before he passed to get her passport. The only thing I needed from him was a letter saying it was okay to get that. Once I had that we could go anywhere as long as she had passport. After he passed I had to show passport people proof of his passing but never traveling. If your child has passport you are fine. Hope this helps.

Janine

The following docs that mom should have are all that should be needed.

Death certificate of deceased parent.

Child BC

Mothers new marriage license.

This is probably good to take even if the child has a passport.

Archived