Oz Duty Free Liquor.

Planning on doing a couple of Ozzie cruises out of Sydney return - one to NZ and one to Tassie.

Can someone inform me about the on-board duty-free liquor prices...how they compare, for example, with Liquorland or Dan Murphy's prices?

Is there any worthwhile saving, purchasing on board?

Thanks for any input.

MP.

This depends on which cruise line you plan to use.

With Princess - buy your alcohol at Dan Murphy's and leave it at home. We were very surprised how expensive the duty free alcohol was on Princess.

P & O - Good prices, although not quite as cheap as in Vila.

I cannot comment on the other cruise lines, but undoubtedly someone else will. :)

Planning on doing a couple of Ozzie cruises out of Sydney return - one to NZ and one to Tassie.

Can someone inform me about the on-board duty-free liquor prices...how they compare, for example, with Liquorland or Dan Murphy's prices?

Is there any worthwhile saving, purchasing on board?

Thanks for any input.

MP.

not sure about prices but i think princess prices would be cheaper than dan murhys or liquorland and if you are only doing the Tassie cruise you wont be able to buy duty free alcohol or smokes as you are still in australian waters

not sure about prices but i think princess prices would be cheaper than dan murhys or liquorland and if you are only doing the Tassie cruise you wont be able to buy duty free alcohol or smokes as you are still in australian waters

People on our recent Princess cruise were saying they could buy spirits cheaper at Dan Murphys and we agreed.

Generally I agree, except I found that the on board bottles of spirits were 1 litre size which is 33% more than the bottles of 750ml generally sold in Aust Bottle Shops. This is same with most duty free shops at airports etc.

With wines it is different. A duty free bottle of a brand name red is still uncompetitive (in my view) with a special from the bottle ohs.

cheers

Archived