Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Hang in there, gold girl! Do your best and win the battle. I looked at my ww book today and I have lost .6 in the last month! My last good weight loss was the day after Christmas, believe it or not. It has been painfully slow for me, too, but this process works. Hand in there!

I would love to join in this group. I am doing WW via the Internet. I am struggling with the very s-l-o-w weight loss. I will blame it on age, menopause and hypothyroidism. I hate the fluctuations! One day I'm 2#s down and then the next day 3#s up. I'm an obsessive weigher. I weigh myself everyday. I know I should weigh myself once a week but I just need to see results some days to stay encouraged! I have set small goals. I am currently 3#s from my first goal. My overall goal is 40#s. I will be very happy if I can loose 10-15 before my cruise in April. I weigh in on Thursdays. I'm very good about entering what I eat in my WW app. My biggest challenge is eating out. We often have dinner out with friends and I gain 3-4#s if I eat out even when I TRY to be careful. So for now, I'm being unsocial:). I have to do what works for me.

My cruise is at the end of April, too....and I am also on the age, (post)menopause and hypothyroidism wagon train.....good luck!!

Thank you so much for support. My weekly weigh in is tomorrow. What is everyone's favorite low point snack? I need something in the afternoon and fruit is getting old!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by goldgirl2

Guest debbiejohncruise

4 points for 4 cups. Very filling for a snack. I am now down 45 pounds and feel so good. Time to shop for a bathing suit that fits. I bought two last January and neither of them fit now - lol.

Guest debbiejohncruise
A great afternoon snack is a piece of WW string cheese or similar string cheese for 1 point & pair it with 8 or 9 Turkey pepperoni for another 1 point---2 points & really tasty!

Are you talking sliced turkey pepperoni or pepperoni sticks?

A great afternoon snack is a piece of WW string cheese or similar string cheese for 1 point & pair it with 8 or 9 Turkey pepperoni for another 1 point---2 points & really tasty!

I will be buying this tomorrow! I love pepperoni! Thanks for the great idea. I lost .9 this week! I have 11 weeks until we leave so at this rate I will be happy with a 10# loss.

4 points for 4 cups. Very filling for a snack. I am now down 45 pounds and feel so good. Time to shop for a bathing suit that fits. I bought two last January and neither of them fit now - lol.

Congratulations on your 45# loss!! How long did it take you? Have fun shopping!!!

What is 4 points? Sorry, I got lost.

Congrats on the 45.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I would love to join in this group. I am doing WW via the Internet. I am struggling with the very s-l-o-w weight loss. I will blame it on age, menopause and hypothyroidism. I hate the fluctuations! One day I'm 2#s down and then the next day 3#s up. I'm an obsessive weigher. I weigh myself everyday. I know I should weigh myself once a week but I just need to see results some days to stay encouraged! I have set small goals. I am currently 3#s from my first goal. My overall goal is 40#s. I will be very happy if I can loose 10-15 before my cruise in April. I weigh in on Thursdays. I'm very good about entering what I eat in my WW app. My biggest challenge is eating out. We often have dinner out with friends and I gain 3-4#s if I eat out even when I TRY to be careful. So for now, I'm being unsocial:). I have to do what works for me.

Wow, I started reading this thread a few days ago and have been wanting to jump in, say hello and join you all on this journey, when I read this post which is just about what I was going to say about myself!

I reached WW lifetime in 1989 but have yo-yoed up and down, quitting and rejoining. 25 years later, I'm up 46 lbs - but being realistic I'll take the top of my healthy range rather than the bottom again. Since rejoining Jan 1 I'm down 5 lbs with 20 to go.

I decided to try WW Online rather than the monthly pass I had been (not) doing. I haven't found the 'community' I was looking for at WW Online, but this thread is just what I'm looking for! Being cruise-obsessed, I'm always on CC anyway :p.

I'm looking forward to sharing our ideas here. Night-time snacking is my downfall, and rather than fight it I think I really need to address it better - save some points for it and make better choices (than raiding the fridge):eek:

Judi

Welcome Judi & congratulations on your 5 lb weight loss!!!

I joined WW in May 2013 & have lost 37 lbs so far. I will lose more but I have not settled on a goal weight yet. This is my first WW venture & I will be successful.

There are several lifetime members at the group where I go & they seem to come to meetings weekly or biweekly. Their success seems to tie in with being at meetings for support . We all share ideas & tips but our weekly leader is fabulous. I tried different meetings until I came upon the one that "spoke" to me. I occasionally have to go to another meeting due to a holiday or a weather cancelation but I am happy to return to my support group.

Looking forward to chatting with you Judi on your journey !

What a great snack idea! I've been off track for quite awhile now and need to get back on.

What is 4 points? Sorry, I got lost.

Congrats on the 45.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

I wondered the same thing because I normally read Cruise Critic on either the CC or Tapatalk app on my tablet which doesn't show the titles of the posts, but I just re-read this on my computer - the title was 'Skinny Pop Popcorn'.

I'll have to try that. I usually have the Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop 94% fat free mini bag, which is 3 points, but I haven't really been satisfied with the taste. I've saw it at Sams Club the other day but didn't want to buy the huge bag in case I didn't like it, but will look for it in the smaller size. I'll have to portion it out ahead of time. I find that once I portion out a big bag of something into smaller bags I'm OK with eating one serving and not taking a second, but when I don't do that I don't have the same self-control faced with the whole bag intact. Sandwich and snack baggies are my friend!:rolleyes:

Guest debbiejohncruise
I wondered the same thing because I normally read Cruise Critic on either the CC or Tapatalk app on my tablet which doesn't show the titles of the posts, but I just re-read this on my computer - the title was 'Skinny Pop Popcorn'.

I'll have to try that. I usually have the Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop 94% fat free mini bag, which is 3 points, but I haven't really been satisfied with the taste. I've saw it at Sams Club the other day but didn't want to buy the huge bag in case I didn't like it, but will look for it in the smaller size. I'll have to portion it out ahead of time. I find that once I portion out a big bag of something into smaller bags I'm OK with eating one serving and not taking a second, but when I don't do that I don't have the same self-control faced with the whole bag intact. Sandwich and snack baggies are my friend!:rolleyes:

They are huge bags but I measure out my 4 cups and it's satisfying. But I agree with you if you can't control yourself with the big bag, they do come in the smaller bags as well but I haven't seen them yet (and in different flavors). We used to always eat Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop 94% but Skinny Pop is much tastier!

Hi, a few weeks ago our leader told us about the new partnership between WW and Jolly Time Popcorn. I picked up a box of the Kettle Corn, (says Healthy Pop Kettle) and it's not bad, not as much of the sweet taste as the regular but.....it's three points for the whole bag.

I've had a rough last couple of weeks, got wrapped up in some very bizarre legal stuff when a friends mom passed away and I was named Executrix without my knowledge! Talk about a shock, I overate a little bit and backslid 2 pounds. I am so back on track today it's not funny though, have about 65 days till my cruise and I want to go down at least another size/ 10 pounds. Stress is a bad food trigger for me but I put on the brakes. Unfortunately my meeting night is Thursday and I'll miss 2-6-14, I refuse to miss the Olympics Opening Night! :)

Hi to all our newbies, keep up the good work, we have a great group here, very supportive, cheers!

Edited by TravelRocker

Well, OK then.....last night I saw an advertisment for the Olympics and the Opening ceremony is actually on Friday night. Thursday is a preview of 2 new events I think....so I may go to my meeting on Thursday night afterall, I really do hate to miss them. :)

Just curious, does anyone do the "Wendi Plan" anymore???

I joined in July 2013. I am also a daily weigher. My weight loss has been slow - but after 7 months, it added up to 35 pounds. Keep up the good work!

Guest debbiejohncruise

One more weight watcher meeting next Thursday and then we fly out on the weekend to get on the Celebrity Equinox on 10 Feb! 37 pounds off since I went back to WW in mid Sept. and feeling great. My husband (he didn't go to the meetings, just followed the programme with me) has reached his goal already. We donated 12 large bags of clothes that didn't fit anymore. Can't wait to get some warmth and sun! Everyone is doing great on here! Deb

There is another 4 pt snack that I like. I have 12 multigrain "scoopers" for 4 pts & salsa for 0 pts. I like Tostito scoopers.

If you like a little treat with coffee or tea I buy Vitamuffin muffin tops. Each are 3 pts except my favorite one which is banana with chocolate . That one is 2 pts. They are in the freezer section with breakfast items & also at Target in the freezer with frozen waffles,etc.

Sometimes I have a muffin top with coffee for breakfast & a few hrs later have Greek yogurt.

Guest debbiejohncruise
Congrats!!!! Isn't annoying that men seem to lose weight so much easier then woman do?

I know, eh? (I added the "eh" because we are both Canadian. lol). But I have lost almost double what he lost. I had a lot more to lose. It sure feels great to wear my skinny jeans!

I reached the top of my goal back a few months and decided to stay on plan but to not weigh in at home at all. I do not go to the meetings anymore after my lifetime. Too cold out and I have been unhappy with a few things about them. With two more weeks until our cruise I finally decided to see how I was doing. I have been on WW for so long (almost a year) that I just follow the plan without even thinking about it). I really would like to be in the 120ish but 152 at 5ft 5 was the most I should weigh and I am just going to let my body tell me when I should stop. I had hoped to be 128 or so with this cruise. Weighed today and I am at 135. Over 70 down ...took forever but the bright side is if I stay at this weight forever I am going to be ok with it. Hope everybody is doing well..I have been reading about all your success and I am happy for you all.

So am I being a quitter by not getting to my original goal or just being real!? I am not going to go over my points, even on the cruise. Between the points and the 47 bonus points I am sure I will be ok. I also do not drink very much at all..perhaps 2 times a year.

Guest debbiejohncruise
I reached the top of my goal back a few months and decided to stay on plan but to not weigh in at home at all. I do not go to the meetings anymore after my lifetime. Too cold out and I have been unhappy with a few things about them. With two more weeks until our cruise I finally decided to see how I was doing. I have been on WW for so long (almost a year) that I just follow the plan without even thinking about it). I really would like to be in the 120ish but 152 at 5ft 5 was the most I should weigh and I am just going to let my body tell me when I should stop. I had hoped to be 128 or so with this cruise. Weighed today and I am at 135. Over 70 down ...took forever but the bright side is if I stay at this weight forever I am going to be ok with it. Hope everybody is doing well..I have been reading about all your success and I am happy for you all.

So am I being a quitter by not getting to my original goal or just being real!? I am not going to go over my points, even on the cruise. Between the points and the 47 bonus points I am sure I will be ok. I also do not drink very much at all..perhaps 2 times a year.

Congrats on your weight loss! My original goal was 135 and that was achievable when I was in my 20s. lol. I am a lifetime member getting back down to my top of my goal range, which will be much better now that I am in my 50s. I had lost 76 pounds to reach my goal the first time. When you mentioned just going to let your body tell you when to stop, I thought that's how I got overweight the first time, my brain wasn't telling me to stop. lol. When is your cruise? We are doing a 21 day B2B on 10 Feb and as we always do the stairs and walk laps around the deck (5 miles) and eat healthy, using the 49 points and our exercise points that we either stay the same or lose. Good luck!