Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Obnurse, I am 53 so our age certainly could be a factor. I know what you mean about being "in the zone". Once I got by the first weeks nothing was going to stop me...lol. Also, I am doing the points exactly like you, it was rare to use my extra points. I usually stuck with 26. My daughter, who is 29, used her extra points and lost weight so much easier than myself. I also have a serious back condition so mild palates on my palates table is about all I will ever be able to handle...talk about parallel lives...lol. Way to go on your success! I think when the loss comes so much harder for us it makes us stronger in the long run! Six weeks from this Friday we fly...sooner the better! Good luck to you, it sounds like nothing is going to get in your way! Have a great day everyone!!

Hi everyone, can't say I'm sorry to see the Holidays behind us. I bit the bullet and went back to my meetings last Thursday and.......WOW, a 3 lb loss! So, that makes 23.6 for me so far. Maybe that fruit cake was "virtual" after all, haha.

I don't know how nationwide Applebee's is but I've got to tell you about this. As some of you may know Applebee's has WW items on the menu, Points and all. Well, I ordered the new Roma Pepper Steak lunch on Saturday and thought I had died and gone to Heaven. The steak just melted in my mouth, well seasoned with little red chili peppers and tomatoes. Also a small red potato side and huge Portobello mushroom with Parmesan cheese. The steak was a generous 7 oz. It was 11 Points and I think around $11.00, maybe a bit less. If you're like me and tired of getting burned by high-point items while eating out try this, it's wonderful, cheers!

Edited by TravelRocker

All, I am Lifetime but way over my goal :(. I am 55 and in menopause and the last few years have not been pretty with weight gain. I am starting WW tomorrow and going to my first meeting. I am about 75 pounds overweight and hate it! I don't have any energy and I want to feel better again! We are going on two cruises - one in 4 weeks and another in 4 months and my son is getting married in August. I went last year to WW but gave up because it comes off so slow now. I am determined to do something about it this time! Please wish me luck!

All, I am Lifetime but way over my goal :(. I am 55 and in menopause and the last few years have not been pretty with weight gain. I am starting WW tomorrow and going to my first meeting. I am about 75 pounds overweight and hate it! I don't have any energy and I want to feel better again! We are going on two cruises - one in 4 weeks and another in 4 months and my son is getting married in August. I went last year to WW but gave up because it comes off so slow now. I am determined to do something about it this time! Please wish me luck!

That's what we are all here for.....to support each other, stay on track and lose this weight! Good luck to you....:D

good morning, I too am Lifetime however, managed to gain it all back (plus some:()they started meetings up again at work Monday and I went to the meeting. I'm hoping to get back on track too. Its better for my blood pressure when I weigh less.

So here is good luck & determnation to both of us.:)

Hi everyone, can't say I'm sorry to see the Holidays behind us. I bit the bullet and went back to my meetings last Thursday and.......WOW, a 3 lb loss! So, that makes 23.6 for me so far. Maybe that fruit cake was "virtual" after all, haha.

I don't know how nationwide Applebee's is but I've got to tell you about this. As some of you may know Applebee's has WW items on the menu, Points and all. Well, I ordered the new Roma Pepper Steak lunch on Saturday and thought I had died and gone to Heaven. The steak just melted in my mouth, well seasoned with little red chili peppers and tomatoes. Also a small red potato side and huge Portobello mushroom with Parmesan cheese. The steak was a generous 7 oz. It was 11 Points and I think around $11.00, maybe a bit less. If you're like me and tired of getting burned by high-point items while eating out try this, it's wonderful, cheers!

When they started the WW items I was all excited when I found them at a US Applebee's, but when I got back home they weren't going to do it in Canada. That was back a few years when I did WW the first time. I don't think we ever got the items.

Please wish me luck!

Good luck!

Rlkubi...We have all been where you are right now. You sound like you are ready and determined! Don't be so hard on yourself. You can do this and you will!!! Let us know how you are doing. This is a great board for support...we are all in the same boat here...no pun intended:)

rlkubi, I, and I'm sure many others, totally understand the age/menopause thing. I'm a lifetime member over goal, too. I started attending meetings again in mid July and as of today am down 24 lbs. In the old days that would have taken 2 months, now it's taking 6 months and counting! It is incredibly slow, BUT I am going in the right direction and so are you! A 1/2 lb a week is 26 pounds at the end of the year! So, if takes me another year, fine. I will still see my goal! You will too! Hang in there, try to enjoy the small successes and know that you are not alone! :-)

rlkubi, I, and I'm sure many others, totally understand the age/menopause thing. I'm a lifetime member over goal, too. I started attending meetings again in mid July and as of today am down 24 lbs. In the old days that would have taken 2 months, now it's taking 6 months and counting! It is incredibly slow, BUT I am going in the right direction and so are you! A 1/2 lb a week is 26 pounds at the end of the year! So, if takes me another year, fine. I will still see my goal! You will too! Hang in there, try to enjoy the small successes and know that you are not alone! :-)

OH, YES! That dreaded slow-to-a crawl weight drop as we age. But like you said, do you want to end a year with no loss or even a gain or......26 lbs. off at 1/2 lb. a week. In 2001 I dropped 62 lbs in 6 months on WW. Now it's 24 lbs in 6 months, BUT, that's 24 lbs. less than I've been carrying around all these years, I'll take it! I've just decided that if I stick to it it will eventually come off but in it's own time. I do know that I've dropped at least 2 sizes so quite a bit of my wardrobe is getting too big to wear, I'm wearing pants that have been in a "too small" box for about 3 years, this feels really, really good. It's just one-day-at-a-time, keep it up everyone, Cheers!

Guest debbiejohncruise

I am 59 now and the weight does come off slower now but I do notice WW has changed so much since I first started on it back in the 70s. The losses are now expected to be 1-2 pounds a week. I have lost 39 pounds now and have a B2B 21 day cruise coming up in Feb. We do exercise on board the ship and there are lots of healthy food choices on board. I will reach my goat (again) this year and get back to my lifetime free meetings. :)

Last night was my first weigh-in of the new year....couldn't go last week due to the weather. I lost 5.4 pounds. Just a start, I know, but a step in the right direction. :)

Great job! I weigh in on Monday's as well. I was down .6 yesterday and was happy just to be going in the right direction, after spending the whole weekend with my sister & lots of food.

Crimson: Way to go!!! What a great start you've had! Hang in there, everyone! We CAN do this! My sister and I play Bunco monthly with a bunch of people who work for WW. We played on Saturday night and had a nice spread of WW friendly foods. SO good! A broccoli salad that had 1 point per cup, and mini quiches that were 1 point each, and a wonderful chocolate trifle that was 5 points for a generous serving. I showed a loss in the morning, even after having been to the Bunco party!

Although never what you would call a small woman over the past two years I have gained 80lbs as a result of medication(Lyrica-used to treat nerve pain).:eek::eek: I even went to my doctor and asked what could be causing this weight gain and he had no idea. It was co-workers that advised me that weight gain is a well known side effect of this medication. So I stopped taking the medication and much to my disappointment the weight did not start disappearing on its own :D:rolleyes:

I am going to give Weight Watchers a go starting Monday...my biggest issue is severe back issues that limit the physical activities I can participate in. My heart and brain are willing but not sure what I will get from the body.

If your heart and brain are willing, that's the biggest battle. You have to let your body do what it's gonna do, and it will cooperate eventually :-). It can be so slow, believe me I know, but it does come off. Slow and steady wins the race! Good luck and stick with it! We care, so let us know how it's going!

Guest debbiejohncruise
Went to the first meeting and just to get off to a good start I walked there from work and back again. Total of 3km (about half a mile each way) in -30 Degree Celsius.:)

You must live in Ontario. We have -31 in Trenton.

Getting frustrated. With diligent eating and watching everything, I am at the point that the pound loss takes forever to move on the scale I have lots more to lose too. Must be at a stand still point. I know I am not going up and that's good but a pound here and there to keep the incentive going would be great. Seems I can balance right at the point forever when it takes just a pound or two to drop down into the next set of numbers. Yes I am exercising

DJSCHIB- are you drinking lots of water? I always think I am but now I keep a 20oz container of water in the kitchen & I will not write it in my tracker until it is empty. I then fill it back up & start on it again.

If you are following the program then this is just a lull in your weight loss but do not give up. Keep at it, keep tracking, go to meetings & know that we are all pulling for you!

It really is amazing when you actually add up all the water you've downed during the day and realize it's just the water in your coffee! These cold days....chugging water is the last thing I want to do but in the evening I often feel dried out, eyes scratchy and lips chapped, even get leg cramps or twitches and a few big glasses will remedy all of it. I'm trying to incorporate it into my day as well, but it is easy to forget. I know when I do it really makes a difference on the scale. :)

I would love to join in this group. I am doing WW via the Internet. I am struggling with the very s-l-o-w weight loss. I will blame it on age, menopause and hypothyroidism. I hate the fluctuations! One day I'm 2#s down and then the next day 3#s up. I'm an obsessive weigher. I weigh myself everyday. I know I should weigh myself once a week but I just need to see results some days to stay encouraged! I have set small goals. I am currently 3#s from my first goal. My overall goal is 40#s. I will be very happy if I can loose 10-15 before my cruise in April. I weigh in on Thursdays. I'm very good about entering what I eat in my WW app. My biggest challenge is eating out. We often have dinner out with friends and I gain 3-4#s if I eat out even when I TRY to be careful. So for now, I'm being unsocial:). I have to do what works for me.

Edited by goldgirl2

You must live in Ontario. We have -31 in Trenton.

-28 C while driving this morning North of Toronto. Brrr...

I need some spring weather and Jan isn't even over.

Yeah I do need to step up the water drinking

I don't drink enough water in the winter either. Herbal teas help.

Our thermostat /furnace hasn't been working too well either, so most nights I just want too curl up under a blanket and veg.