Any one know exactly how to call cabin to cabin on the Dream?

jdcml

Ok, this one ought to test the geeky limits of some serious cruisers. Does anyone have a picture of the phone that indicates how to call cabin to cabin? Maybe you've sailed on the Dream recently enough that you remember how you called others in your group?

I am planning on a "handout" for everyone in our group with our various ports/activities/not to miss events, etc. My hope was to put a directory together with each persons cabin so they would easily know how to call each other. I know it will be listed on the phone and I can just list the cabin and they can look it up the prefix themselves, but I thought I would test the limits of knowledge around here...

on the dream you dial the cabin number.

It also has voice mail-- but it needs to be set up (do it as soon as you get to the cabin)

you can also use public phones which are located around the ship- mostly at elevators.

• 3 months later...
OK - humor me on this one... Can you check your cabin's voicemail remotely from a house phone anywhere on the ship?? Am I showing my age?!

nope- you can not retrieve messages- you can only call a cabin and leave a message from any house phone.

Dang. Everytime I cruise I keep forgetting to get a pic of the phone.

?? its a regular telephone

its a corded telephone.

will look similar to the first photo

http://www.101phones.com/cat/2001/Panasonic-Single-Line-Corded-Phones.html

speed buttons on the side to call -- room service. cabin steward wake up button. etc

Archived