Dawn vs. Ophelia

cruise*enthusiast

Getting a bit concerned about our sailing from Boston to Bermuda on Friday. Looks like the Dawn will probably be contending with Tropical Storm Ophelia. They are calling for it to become a Cat 1 by the time it's up around Bermuda.

Does anyone know when we will get the news from NCL if our itinerary should change? Will they post it on their website? As much as I want to see Bermuda, it's supposed to rain the entire time we are there, so an itinerary change could be a blessing in disguise! ;)

Any idea how and when we would know if there's a change of itinerary?

It would have to be very bad for NCL to change the ititniary....I don't see that happening for Ophelia..

You can check the NCL website but they could even wait until we board..

I'm not worried...:D

That storm has changed so much over the past 10 days, it could make any kind of change - all the weather info sites give different options.

We just have to trust our captain - he's out to give us the safest - best cruise. At best Ophelia will be out of the way before we get to Bermuda at worst we'll have a magical mystery cruise.

Think warm, clear, positive thoughts.:)

They could change at ANY time. Their goal is to make sure you have safe passage. So since Ophelia and Phillipe have changed so often, just hope for the best. That's what I am doing. :D

You will be SAFE. That's all that matters.

Having just been on the Dawn a week or so ago, we had an awesome trip, at times the seas were smooth as glass! Somehow we slipped between the stormy season!

I'm sure Captain Staffen will make all the right decisions...he has done a great job, avoiding Maria, etc.. The Dawn made all her Bermuda visits, with only minor changes. We spoke with him and his staff at our M&G, he evokes confidence!

Relax, enjoy....bring Bonine just in case! ;)

Thanks everyone! I'm thinking positive......except for the images I keep having of 20 foot waves...lol j/k Do they sell Bonine by the case? ;)

Hope everyone has a fantastic time!!!

No need for a case they have shots in the medical center on deck 4.:eek:

Last Sept Igor was heading toward Bermuda for days leading up to our cruise, predicted to hit Bermuda on the very day we were to dock. The message on NCL's website never changed until 45 minutes prior to boarding. That's not much help to people already on their way to the dock.

We actually knew 2 days prior that we wouldn't be going to Bermuda because Bermuda had already announced that they were closing their ports. But the NCL message never changed during those last 2 days.

We were handed a sheet at the terminal telling us we were going to PC & Nassau, instead of Bermuda. We had a great time, though a bit rocky.

My advice is to check Bermuda news to see whether they'll even be accepting cruise ships this weekend. The alternative will probably be Florida & Nassau, so don't think that you'll have to pack warm clothes for Canada.

Good luck, you'll have a blast no matter what.

Archived