Being a past guest..

theneals4

We are getting ready to book another cruise, for May. What exactly do you get for being a past guest?? I thought i read somewhere that you can some kinda of OBC?

I just didnt want to think i would get one and not get one. So i figured i would ask!

Thanks!! :D

You get invited to a "Past Guest" party, with discounted drinks.

Not much till you go on your 10th cruise with Carnival.

OOOOOOhhh Snazzy!! LOL! Could just always go to the Farewell party and have free drinks! LOL!!

Thanks Kat, for the info ;)

OOOOOOhhh Snazzy!! LOL! Could just always go to the Farewell party and have free drinks! LOL!!

Thanks Kat, for the info ;)

Drinks are free at the past guest party. You also get a gold sign and sail card instead of blue. That's about it.

Maybe whoever told you about On Board Credit knew about the Future Cruise Certificates that are available on most ships.

That is one way a past guest can get On Board Credit.

Certificates cost $100. The $100 can be applied to the deposit of a new cruise, then you can receive $50 to $200 On Board Credit (depending on the length of the cruise).

We have always enjoyed the Past Guest Party.... yes, drinks are FREE. But stay away from the Food.....it has always been Scarry! :p

Catrin

Drinks are free at the past guest party. You also get a gold sign and sail card instead of blue. That's about it.

That's about it onboard, but you are eligible for the past guest rate while booking. I am never able to book early saver and that past guest rate usually saves me about $100 pp with the upgrades.

My next cruise will be my second cruise / first time as a "past guest"

I know its different for every ship...but when and where do these past guest parties take place? lido or lounge...mid-day or night time...1st sea day.

Just curious since I'm a newbie :-)

I know its different for every ship...but when and where do these past guest parties take place? lido or lounge...mid-day or night time...1st sea day.

Usually takes place in the main lounge...some ships on a sea day, some on a port day. Last week on the Freedom it took place 30 minutes after we sailed out of Ocho Rios on our 2nd formal night, so needless to say I missed it. I thought it was a ridiculous time to have it and was not happy about it.

My next cruise will be my second cruise / first time as a "past guest"

it depends-- its always different time, place, day.

Last few cruises it was in the main show lounge. It is never advertised and invitations were needed at the door.

Mostly on a sea day. (except one cruise was on a port day at 4pm- sucked

Is that ten within ANY given period? This will be my fifth dating back to 1992....so if that's the case I'm halfway....maybe in the next 20 years I'll get my 10th one in! LOLOL

You need to go on carnival.com and look at your cruise history. I don't have credit for one of my cruises back in the 80's because they didn't start keeping electronic records until the 90's.

I was able to get my 1st one credited to me because I had our embarkation photo.

Everytime I get back from a cruise I make sure that it's posted to my cruise history within a few days. I don't throw any of my documents away until it's posted.

I also keep a hard copy of my cruise history because it has all of the cabin numbers and sailing dates and they can re-establish my history if it's ever lost.

But to answer your question there is no time period so if you've completed 5 cruises and they are all on your history then you are indeed 1/2 way there.

The last time I cruised with Carnival, (2 years ago!:eek:) the Past Guest/Captain's Party was held in the Theater on the first formal night. They introduced the Captain & his crew.

The Farewell Party was held in the Promenade deck lounges on the last night, when passengers should be packing to leave out their luggage!

Things may have changed.:confused:

The last time I cruised with Carnival, (2 years ago!:eek:) the Past Guest/Captain's Party was held in the Theater on the first formal night. They introduced the Captain & his crew..:confused:

past guest party and the Captains party were two different parties.

now they did away with that captains party - its 1.00 off drinks during dinner times.

my wife and I are both platinum but on our last cruise she was the only one that got an invitation.

We never go anyway but she does scrapping and likes them for her books.

Bill

I you want to go to the party, you can go to the purser's desk and they will print you off another one after the party is over. I also scrapbook and like to keep mine. I did this and it looked exactly like the original.

Didnt read the entire thread but can tell you if you buy a future cruise certificate while onboard you spend $100 but also get $100 OBC for your cruise when you cruise next.We have Carnival stock 100 shares thats required to get another $100 OBC ,Also I have the Carnival Credit Card and I got $200 OBC when I cashed out my points.The credit card is good for people who dont carry a balance and pay in full each month

Our cruise next week we have $400 before we board

I you want to go to the party, you can go to the purser's desk and they will print you off another one after the party is over. I also scrapbook and like to keep mine. I did this and it looked exactly like the original.

Thanks for that tip. Hopefully it doesnt happen again but if it does I know how to rectify the problem.:)

Bill

$1.00 off. Free drinks at the past guest party and the farewell party only.

At the farewell party it wasn't well attended and those of us who were there had plenty of drinks. Our table was filled with drinks.:D

Bill

Is the farewell party something new? I do not remember going to this before?

Archived