Being a past guest..

theneals4

Is the farewell party something new? I do not remember going to this before?

It's been around but is not well publicized at all.

One little line in the activities section on the back page of the fun times.

They don't announce it over the intercom like they do bingo and it also scheduled at 5pm on the last night so people are packing or getting ready for early seating dinner.

The conspiracy theorist in me says it's not just a coincidence.:rolleyes:

Bill

We are getting ready to book another cruise, for May. What exactly do you get for being a past guest?? I thought i read somewhere that you can some kinda of OBC?

I just didnt want to think i would get one and not get one. So i figured i would ask!

Thanks!! :D

Howdy neighbors! I see you are in our neck of the woods.

Sorry, no OBC for past pax but you can enjoy free drinks 2x courtesy of CCL (past pax party and farewell party).

Just logged into carnival.com the "my cruise manager area" and I can't locate my past sailings. I did a search in the help box and haven't found it either. :confused:

Found it under the my profile area, just added my past guest info:)

They don't announce it over the intercom like they do bingo and it also scheduled at 5pm on the last night so people are packing or getting ready for early seating dinner.

Bill

I agree. They pick a crappy time on the last day....we were in Nassau on our last day and they held it right at 5, as we were pulling out of port. People were just getting back, settling in, etc.

Is that ten within ANY given period? This will be my fifth dating back to 1992....so if that's the case I'm halfway....maybe in the next 20 years I'll get my 10th one in! LOLOL

It has been, but that program is being revamped. I know I've seen the date posted this supposedly will all change next year but can't remember. I didn't really take note because I too am 5 cruises away from platinum, no way I can book that in the time left.

I have never seen free drinks at the sailaway, where are they available.

It is at the Farewell party not sail away. And if you tip the wait staff well they will hook you up. We still had 4 drinks to take to dinner that night.

• 2 weeks later...
Didnt read the entire thread but can tell you if you buy a future cruise certificate while onboard you spend $100 but also get $100 OBC for your cruise when you cruise next.We have Carnival stock 100 shares thats required to get another $100 OBC ,Also I have the Carnival Credit Card and I got $200 OBC when I cashed out my points.The credit card is good for people who dont carry a balance and pay in full each month

Our cruise next week we have $400 before we board

We purchased the future cruise certificate on our last cruise. When we booked our June, 2012 cruise, we gave the number to our PVP and he sent it in. In 5 days the $100 was deducted from our balance and a promotional $100 OBC was also on our statement. We did not have to send the certificate in but our PVP said to hold onto it. I saved the reply from Carnival with the figures on it just in case.

This may seem dumb but are only past guests allowed at the party?

This would be my second cruise but first for my children, two of age able to drink, in the same cabin. It would be nice for them to join me.

I think they do check at the door to collect invitations.

Bill

I am certain you are correct, Bill. They try to keep their costs down without doing away with the event altogether. Just find the most unlikely hour and day that people will be able to make it. It's a business, after all.;)

This would be my second cruise but first for my children, two of age able to drink, in the same cabin. It would be nice for them to join me.

Only past guests are invited. If you only had one "child" sailing with you, you'd probably be able to get away with bringing that one person. But bringing more than one non-past guest is not appropriate. And they do collect invitations at the door.

Some here are talking about the farewell party, which is usually a better party drink wise. Anyone can go.

The past guest party, they usually let you come in with one guest .. multiple guests I hope not. This party is so crowded lately, you are lucky to get a 2nd drink.

My next cruise will be my second cruise / first time as a "past guest"

I know its different for every ship...but when and where do these past guest parties take place? lido or lounge...mid-day or night time...1st sea day.

Just curious since I'm a newbie :-)

We always have a good time at the past guest party. The band plays and you can dance on stage. If you give your waiter a few bucks(we usually give him $5)when he first comes over you will never have an empty glass ;)

Archived