rolling backpack????

cruisedot

I will be on the Dream Western in a couple of weeks. Would it look strange if I took a rolling backpack when I go shopping in Cozumel? I have a back problem and I won't be able to carry many packages for very long. I see people with regular backpacks but I have never noticed someone pulling one along in a gift shop. Any thoughts??

PS Everyone here is great and I love reading your posts.

I carry a regular backpack with me at almost every port.

Took a rolling cooler off with us in Roatan to have some cold drinks during the long hot day there.

Nobody will look twice as you roll your backpack.

Have a great cruise.

Bill

I will be on the Dream Western in a couple of weeks. Would it look strange if I took a rolling backpack when I go shopping in Cozumel? I have a back problem and I won't be able to carry many packages for very long. I see people with regular backpacks but I have never noticed someone pulling one along in a gift shop. Any thoughts??

PS Everyone here is great and I love reading your posts.

We have taken a rolling backpack to every port since our 2nd cruise. I love it - well my dh husband loves it since he no longer ends up carrying my heavy packages around :D.

I would recommend that if anyone goes this route, please be aware of your pack when you are in crowded areas. You and your pack take up the space of 2-3 people. It's quite annoying when people don't pull them up tight to their bodies in crowded places. I see this all the time on my way in and out of work. I also see people deliberately kicking rolling luggage out of the way when people aren't moving fast enough for their liking.

We take a rolling backpack into almost every port. It has the backpack straps on back, extendable handle and then 2 wheels. When the crowd or ground conditions (sand) call for it we simple pick it up like a regular backpack. Goes through the x-ray when we re-board with no problem. If anyone has looked at it strangely I didn't notice (or care).

This is a silly question about the rolling back pack...I can use it as a carry on, right? It sure would beat the plastic bag I use to bring soda in. OOOHHH the wonder of it, having my laptop in it, etc.

Thanks...

Melanie

Yup, you definitely can. I would try to insulate the laptop from the soda, just in case something should go horribly wrong though. ;)

I would recommend that if anyone goes this route, please be aware of your pack when you are in crowded areas. You and your pack take up the space of 2-3 people. It's quite annoying when people don't pull them up tight to their bodies in crowded places. I see this all the time on my way in and out of work. I also see people deliberately kicking rolling luggage out of the way when people aren't moving fast enough for their liking.

This is the reason that rolling backpacks are uncool with Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers. In high traffic area I push my wheels. With pushing I'm less likely to have it pulled out of my hands.

Archived