Walkie Talkies

blue_water

Are these available as rentals on the ships or do you have to bring your own? For those who use them what is the expected range (I'm sure there are different results with each model)? Just want to be able to contact friends when ready to meet on the ship

I cruise once a year and it's worth buying them at the store before you go. Although, I have no clue if they have them on the boat.

I got mine at Walmart for about $30ish. (Cobra-18 mile) They worked really well! We didn't have to meet up at different spots to check in with each other and run to the room to see what everyone was up to. We had to change our station a couple of times to get off the "popular" channels that everyone was using, but once we found a good one it was all good the rest of the cruise. I wouldn't cruise without them!!!

58 days till my next cruise!!!!!

Make sure you get the water-proof kind so you can call for help after another annoyed passenger tosses you overboard.

Hello.. Hello...Can you hear me? Hello... What? Can you, Hello, Can you hear me? Say it again, Where are you? What , Can you hear me? Hello, Hello, What? We are at.... We are.. Hello...What... Where are you now? Where? Where? Hello....Hello.........

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing someone abusing them or being rude but then again there are plenty of rude folks on cruises, especially in the buffet!

But we do enjoy our time alone together as a couple so if we do get them they will be used rarely and not to the pleasure of onlookers.;) This will be our friends first cruise and they would like to be able to keep in touch occasionally.

Thanks all!

Make sure you get the water-proof kind so you can call for help after another annoyed passenger tosses you overboard.

Hello.. Hello...Can you hear me? Hello... What? Can you, Hello, Can you hear me? Say it again, Where are you? What , Can you hear me? Hello, Hello, What? We are at.... We are.. Hello...What... Where are you now? Where? Where? Hello....Hello.........

No doubt this took place in the Serenity area ;)

We bought a set that are 30 mile range and they seemed to work pretty well a bit spotty at times. Some people can be annoying with them and have no respect kinda like people who hijack posts.....:rolleyes:;)

I rented them last year for my cruise on the Sensation to keep in contact with my children. I don't think they were more then $15, could have been even less. Unfortunately, we stopped using them since there were so many others using them and they kept coming over our channels. I think it will be easier to just have made up times/places to meet or use the post it notes to let each other know where you are. That worked better for us on our Thanksgiving cruise.

Are these available as rentals on the ships or do you have to bring your own?

I've seen where people rented them on board.

I rented them last year for my cruise on the Sensation to keep in contact with my children. I don't think they were more then $15, could have been even less.

Yep, sounds like you can bring your own or rent.

Archived