Formal Night Schedule

First time cruiser. We received our cruise docs, but there was no mention of which nights were designated formal. Do we not learn this until we board? (Leaving Tampa on Splendour, April 16-23) BTW: These boards have been so helpful. Thank you all!

Hi Maggie,

We just got back from our cruise (Navigator) two weeks ago. It was a Saturday to Saturday cruise. Our formal nights were on Sunday and on Thursday. Last year on the Mariner which is a Sun-Sun. cruise formal nights were Monday and Friday. I'm not sure if this is always the same or not. When you arrive there will be a cruise compass in your room that will tell you the dress code for dinner for the entire week. I do have to say my favorite nights are formal nights. It's always fun to see everybody dressed up. Hope this helps a little.

Carol

The first formal night is usually the second night on board. The second formal night can be one of two options... the night that you leave your last port or the second to last night on board. The first and last night are casual attire.

Hi Maggie

It's Carol again. I just thougt of something I forgot to add to my previous post. I don't know if you are going with your husband, boyfriend or friend but make sure you have your picture taken (at least on formal nights). The photographer will be set up in the lobby by the dining room. You don't have to pay anything to have your picture taken-only if you want to purchase them after you see them. They are usually $19.95 for an 8 x 10. It's a great memory if they turn out good. If you are like us-we don't get dressed up that fancy very often. (Does anyone else ever have a hard time finding your picture? You would think it would be easy to find yourself-but sometimes it takes a while!) We had the best time of our lives on our first cruise. Hope your experience is the same.:) :) Let us know when you get back.

Carol,

Thanks for the tip on the pictures. My husband & I only dress up for holiday parties. I just hope we get a good one. Only 6 more days!

Debby,

No, I'm not related to the Atwoods in PA. My husband's family is originally from TX and he grew up in So. CA.

Schplinky,

I get that a lot, but I'm not the Margaret Atwood.

Archived