Can both parents sign kids in and out of Camp Carnival?

HPEmom

We are sailing the Dream in December with our 3 kids (2, 5, 12). We are booked into 2 cabins with an adult in each (DH and 2 year old in one cabin and me with 5 and 12 year old). Is there a way to get both parents signing in and out priviledges? Hubby or I may want to drop off and pick up but we don't want to be limited to him just being able to pick up one child and me the other (the 12 year can sign herself out, I know).

Is this something I just handle n bard with the Camp Carnival Staff?

Both can sign the in. But ONLY the part who signed them in that session can sign them out. So if Mom signs them in the AM, she MUST sign them out even if Dad is on the approved list.

Are you sure on this. I had gotten a different answer on this from friends of ours. They haven't cruised carnival in 2 years so I am wondering if this has changed.

Both can sign the in. But ONLY the part who signed them in that session can sign them out. So if Mom signs them in the AM, she MUST sign them out even if Dad is on the approved list.

Not true at least in my experience. There have been many of times that dad has signed them in and me out and vise versa. We sail often in fact my 6 year old is already platinum on Carnival and we have never experienced this. We have NEVER had a problem. The person signing them out does have to bring with them the cell phone or pager they hand out (they want to make sure you have it with you at all times).

Not true at least in my experience. There have been many of times that dad has signed them in and me out and vise versa. We sail often in fact my 6 year old is already platinum on Carnival and we have never experienced this. We have NEVER had a problem. The person signing them out does have to bring with them the cell phone or pager they hand out (they want to make sure you have it with you at all times).

The most important thing is who you put on the form, only people on the form can sign the kid in or out.

If you are on the form, you can sign the kid out even if you did not sign him/her in.

You can designate both parents and 2 additional people to drop off or pick up. I have never experienced any problems with alternating people dropping off or picking up. Many times DH has dropped off and I picked up and vise versa. They just want you to have your sail & sign and the assigned pager or cell phone they give you with you (they want to make sure you have it with you at all times).

You can designate both parents and 2 additional people to drop off or pick up. I have never experienced any problems with alternating people dropping off or picking up. Many times DH has dropped off and I picked up and vise versa. They just want you to have your sail & sign and the assigned pager or cell phone they give you with you (they want to make sure you have it with you at all times).

We just got back from our cruise (1 week ago) and used Camp Carnival. You are allowed to have yourself and 2 other adults listed to sign in and out. We were not told that if 1 person drops off, the same person must pick up. We rotated drop off and pick up amongst the adults and never had a problem with it.

Are you sure on this. I had gotten a different answer on this from friends of ours. They haven't cruised carnival in 2 years so I am wondering if this has changed.

I am positive on this. We have been a victim of this rule. No fault but our own. Needless to say I had to run around to find DW to get the kiddos.

Here the policy on Carnival site.

Sign In/Out Policy

* Children must be registered with Camp Carnival in order to participate in the activities.

* All children in this age group have a strict sign-in/sign-out policy.

* Children can only be signed in and out by the same Parent/Legal Guardian or authorized persons over the age of 18.

* Parents/legal guardian can authorize two other people (over the age of 18) on the Registration form to sign in/out their children from activities.

* The adult is required to present their Sail & Sign card each time they drop off and pick up their child.

* For the safety of the child, there are no exceptions to this rule.

this is how it use to be, that rule changed ( thank you carnival) on our last cruise in late 2009, anyone can drop them off and anyone can pick them up as long as they're on the list. We had cruised with our older son and daughter in law that time and it was nice because we had them on there and they took turns with us picking up our youngest who was 10 at the time.

this is how it use to be, that rule changed ( thank you carnival) on our last cruise in late 2009, anyone can drop them off and anyone can pick them up as long as they're on the list. We had cruised with our older son and daughter in law that time and it was nice because we had them on there and they took turns with us picking up our youngest who was 10 at the time.

I was just about to post the same.

We just returned from the Dream.... and this was the first time that the same parent was not required to pick up our daughter. BUT>>> she was in the 6-8 group, instead of the 2-5... and I thought the change came with the age groups.

But, on the master list they had both my husbands name and mine down as authorized.

Catrin

Archived