Butch leaving the Dream, so who is Kirk Benning?

Elmo31

Well, Im not a happy camper as I have sailed before with Butch on the Liberty and had a blast. I now just heard he will be leaving the Dream the week before my cruise. I love the color wars/deck party he throws. So does anyone know this other guy and how is Kirk Benning? Does he do the color wars? (red, white, blue teams)

Thanks for the help.

Dawn

Well, Im not a happy camper as I have sailed before with Butch on the Liberty and had a blast. I now just heard he will be leaving the Dream the week before my cruise. I love the color wars/deck party he throws. So does anyone know this other guy and how is Kirk Benning? Does he do the color wars? (red, white, blue teams)

Thanks for the help.

Dawn

We leave in 2 weeks. I guess we will be the last cruise to have Butch. We have never cruised with Butch. Glad he is an active CD.

We've cruised "Dream" twice with Butch, and I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed him. He does a GREAT job! I think the "red-white-blue" contest is pretty much standard across the line, (except "Miracle" where it's entirely too much work for CD "Malcolm"). I've found that some cruise directors get into the red-white-blue thing a lot more than others. Butch really makes that contest fun, and gets into it a lot more than any other cd I've ever sailed with. I'd go out of my way to sail with Butch again! ;)

"SKY"

I sailed with Kirk (and Jaime) a few years ago on the Pride. Kirk was the most "involved" CD I have ever sailed with. He was all over the ship all week long talking to guests every chance he got and was an all out great guy. The deck party was the craziest I have ever seen. Yes, he does the "color wars". He is my 2nd favorite CD behind Big Sexy and would sail with him again anytime!!

The CD list is changing a little from John Heald posted on his facebook...We are sailing on the Liberty with Butch so Im glad that he is "good" Butch will be on the Liberty until Jan 2012 as of now and then I think he is taking over the Magic after that...So he will not be back on the Dream from what I had heard...

We've cruised "Dream" twice with Butch, and I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed him. He does a GREAT job! I think the "red-white-blue" contest is pretty much standard across the line, (except "Miracle" where it's entirely too much work for CD "Malcolm"). I've found that some cruise directors get into the red-white-blue thing a lot more than others. Butch really makes that contest fun, and gets into it a lot more than any other cd I've ever sailed with. I'd go out of my way to sail with Butch again! ;)

"SKY"

Thankfully it has been a while since I sailed a ship that had color wars. The didnt have when I was on Dream last year. I haven't seen recently on Sensation or Elation,.

Is there a place that you can see a list of the CD's with their pics? I'm trying to remember what our cd's name was but I cannot remember for the life of me. I'd know him if I saw him

here: http://www.carnivalentertainment.com/index.htm

then click 'now playing', 'cruise director biographies'. but it's not updated by any means. some of those have retired and other current cds are missing.

"SKY"

OMG....what ISN'T too much work for Malcolm? I still look back on those 8-days last December and wonder what happened? The ONLY thing really great that week was "The Quest"

But what is the Red-White-Blue thing? This Dec on the Dream will be my 6th cruise with Carnival and I've never heard of this.....please explain!

Thankfully it has been a while since I sailed a ship that had color wars. The didnt have when I was on Dream last year. I haven't seen recently on Sensation or Elation,.

Amen to that! I can't stand that nonsense! I also have not had to suffer through it on my past 3 or so cruises! Maybe its becoming a thing of the past! I hope! Just my opinion though! Different strokes for different folks!

Im glad to hear kirk is a great cd. I was so looking forward to having Butch again but now Im feeling better about getting Kirk. Thanks so much for the info. We just love being silly and having a great time during the color wars party. :D

Im glad to hear kirk is a great cd. I was so looking forward to having Butch again but now Im feeling better about getting Kirk. Thanks so much for the info. We just love being silly and having a great time during the color wars party. :D

we love it to, we look forward to letting our hair down and acting crazy for a week, I kinda laughed the first cruise thinking who cares, but once things got going it was amazing how bad you tried to "earn points" and cheer for your color team :D:D

We had Kirk and Jamie on our July 23rd Liberty sailing. We just loved them. There tv morning show is super funny (kind of a Reigis and Kelly thing) and we ran into them so many times. Had a great conversation with Jamie on the return tender from HMC 16 cruises and they are the only ones we really enjoyed

OMG....what ISN'T too much work for Malcolm? I still look back on those 8-days last December and wonder what happened? The ONLY thing really great that week was "The Quest"

But what is the Red-White-Blue thing? This Dec on the Dream will be my 6th cruise with Carnival and I've never heard of this.....please explain!

Funny thing is we think Malcolm is the best CD we have had the pleasure to meet. His Silent Film Skit was fabulous and we saw him walking the Lido Deck daily talking to guests. He also stood outside the main theater every night after the shows and would talk to guests. We have never seen any other CD do any of this.

I hope whoever the CD is on the Dream that they don't put their morning show on the big screen on the Lido Deck. Would rather have nothing on the screen than to have to listen to the chatter of the cd and his/her assistants.

Archived