Hotels Offering Day Passes

ksps cruise fan

Can anyone recommend a hotel with a good beach -- little wave action and white sand -- that sells day passes to visiting cruisers? As an alternative, can anyone recommend the same type of public beach with facilities like rental lounge chairs and umbrellas.

I have a definite preference for a destination close enough to port that the trip there/back is not a problem, but we're willing to take a taxi. Walking distance is not an advantage.

FWIW, I speak a modest amount of French if that opens any possibilities.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone recommend a hotel with a good beach -- little wave action and white sand -- that sells day passes to visiting cruisers? As an alternative, can anyone recommend the same type of public beach with facilities like rental lounge chairs and umbrellas.

I have a definite preference for a destination close enough to port that the trip there/back is not a problem, but we're willing to take a taxi. Walking distance is not an advantage.

FWIW, I speak a modest amount of French if that opens any possibilities.

Did you ever find anything out on this? I've been doing some research, but haven't found much considering I don't speak french. I've been trying to book a dive for my husband and not one place out of 8 or 9 has gotten back to me. We're still trying to figure out a plan for this day.

• 3 weeks later...
Did you ever find anything out on this? I've been doing some research, but haven't found much considering I don't speak french. I've been trying to book a dive for my husband and not one place out of 8 or 9 has gotten back to me. We're still trying to figure out a plan for this day.

Like you, I haven't turned up any useful information. At this point, we're just going to arrive and hope that my stumbling French will produce some suggestions from taxi drivers or someone helpful.

• 7 months later...

Like you, I've been looking. Thyere are some rather fancy looking hotels that have spas. I would think if a spa experience is booked you could use the facilities, have lunch. I'm working on it. :)

http://www.martinique.org

Martinique Promotion Bureau

/ CMT USA

825 Third avenue, 29th floor

New York, NY 10022

Tel: (212) 838.6887

They sent me information about things to do on the island and when I talked to a woman at the Martinique Promotion Bureau she was very helpful. When I emailed them they didn't respond so I called them but after I called and gave them email and address I received information about what to do on the island. They also sent me a booklet that is about things to do when you are there on a cruise. Hope this helps.

Archived