Family veranda cabin on Infinity- paying for invisible 5th person

milokama

They will release these FV rooms to smaller parties - if you keep checking online at the Celebrity website sometimes they pop up.

Agree. I was able to book a FV for 2 for our recent Alaska cruise about 3-4 months out because I saw it appear on the website (I had been researching itineraries for a few weeks, when the FV appeared). Booked it immediately. Later I had to call Celebrity about something concerning my reservation. The agent was very confused, because she said the FVs hadn't been released to the public yet. I started to get nervous that I was going to lose the room as a result of the stupid phone call, but the agent finally said that since the site let me book it - it was ok. Continued checking the site daily, and the Corner FV became available a few days later. Called back and was able to switch rooms with no issues.

So as others have said - it pays to keep checking frequently.

Mike

Agree. I was able to book a FV for 2 for our recent Alaska cruise about 3-4 months out because I saw it appear on the website (I had been researching itineraries for a few weeks, when the FV appeared). Booked it immediately. Later I had to call Celebrity about something concerning my reservation. The agent was very confused, because she said the FVs hadn't been released to the public yet. I started to get nervous that I was going to lose the room as a result of the stupid phone call, but the agent finally said that since the site let me book it - it was ok.

Mike

That is good to hear - I have been nervous about losing my corner FV since i was able to book it so early online and there are no other FVs that have shown up. But the cruise seems to be a slow seller. It still had over 50% of the aft rooms still available.

Celebrity Repr told me on Sept 19 (re cruise Dec 17) that Family cabin was MINIMUM of 5 and MAXIMUM of 5, PERIOD!!! (I have family group of 16 going...now in 6 concierge cabins, but we could have used the space also -- for congregating at various times!!!

Sounds like it all depends on WHO you speak to....also I have found some company representatives to be alot nicer than others!!!

One male repr I spoke to that day was very negative about transferring my booking to a TA (saying Celeb could do more for me than a TA), and he also didn't particularly want to help me rearrange my family when I changed from 15 people to 16 people and from 5 adjoining cabins to 6 adjoining....when I pointed out his name & attitude to another repr later that day, I was told he was "one of their seasoned and better ones"....

From reading this thread, and seeing the different times parties smaller than 5 have been able to book these cabins (some as far as a year out), I am guessing that Celebrity probably release one cabin at a time.

This is probably less risk than waiting until the last minute and having to reduce their cost to fill them, or selling them all early and loosing money from booking smaller parties.

Just my guess :cool:

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) and we were told onboard our last cruise by the onboard Celebrity booking agent that he could over ride the requirement of 5 people in a FV. When we went to book last December through our travel agent a FV for the Millennium for this December the agent our TA spoke to at Celebrity would not book us a FV. She had to contact the Celebrity rep that specifically deals with her travel agency here in Canada and she was able to authorize a FV for the 4 of us one year out.

Since then my TA has had regular Celebrity agents question how we were able to book that room for only 4.

Any other thought on an upgrade to Celebrity Suite vs. Aft corner family cabin?

I'm not even sure the one next to my parents is available anymore, but the deck plans show the two are connecting, my folks would definitely be agreeable to hosting one of my kids, if only on paper. The price difference is substantial... $2000. That woyld eat into our excursion money. Worth it?

While the suites are very nice, and I have been sailing in them for a while, it is still about the cost comparison for me. If it will cost me more and in turn will limit what I want to do on board, then for me it is a no..... I do love having a butler at my beck and call tho!!!

That is good to hear - I have been nervous about losing my corner FV since i was able to book it so early online and there are no other FVs that have shown up. But the cruise seems to be a slow seller. It still had over 50% of the aft rooms still available.

I hear you. I was nervous as well. I had my reservation marked as no upgrades - not certain if this really helps or not, but figured if there were a problem down the line it wouldn't hurt to have my preferences on record. I still checked almost everyday to make sure we hadn't been "accidentally" upgraded, as I've read here that it has happened despite the note on file.

Mike

Does anyone have an explanation why X's website wouldn't even allow me to book five people? The most adults that comes up in the dropdown box is 4. I tried booking 4 adults and 1 child, 3 adults and 2 children, 2 adults and 3 children, and it always reset to 2 adults 0 children. The FV was available to book. So what would have happened if I had gone ahead with the booking, if they want a minimum of 5?

If it shows up on the website you can book it for 2, 3, or 4. It's open booking. If it's not open on the website then you have to book 5 or it is sold out. If you call in just tell them it's open on the website if you have a problem. They may not let yo9u book 5 because the ship may be at capcity allowing only 2 in the family view. On Connie there only 2 in most of the FV including 7202.

I tried doing a dummy booking for a FV for the 6/22/12 Infinity sailing. The website won't even let you enter five people, so I don't see how they could require you to pay for five. I would ask your TA to clarify this-- sounds like something fishy to me.

You can definitely book 5 in a cabin...you just can't do it online. If you are using a TA, the TA calls Celebrity and books 5. Simple.

As far as the TA telling the OP to pay for 5, I'm guessing the TA meant to "deposit" for 5 passengers so they can get the cabin they want. Before final payment, I'm sure the TA would cancel one of the passengers.

People do this frequently. Not saying it's right, just saying it's done.

Jo-Ann

I can say that those corner cabin FV's are outstanding. You do need to speak to Celebrity directly (or your travel agent) if you have five people to have one of these cabins released. The closer you get to the sailing and if they have not been sold you may get the cabin with only two people. On one four day sailing of Infinite I had 4 people and booked it with 5 people(the Phatom niece) and payed for her. As it turned out my son had a friend who wanted to go. Celebrity had no problem substituting the new name and he paid me the fifth person fee.

Archived