St Martin Sea Caves/ Walk on Ocean Floor - Timing question

We will be in Saint John, NB on Oct 12. Will have a rental car for the day. According to the tide tables, low tide is at 6:51 pm. So if we can see the sea caves and walk the ocean floor two hours before low tide, I assume that means around 5 pm. If we spend around an hour there, leave around 6 pm, will we have enough time to drive back to Saint John, return our rental car and get on the ship by our 8 pm deadline?

Is there a time difference in Saint John between the ship and on land?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Good question! The itinerary says "Depart" so I guess we have to be back on board earlier than 8 pm. Guess that answers the questions if we have enough time to do this. And I don't want our time to be so stressful and non-enjoyable because we're nervous about missing the ship. So I'll be making a different plan!

Thanks so much for your help!

• 2 years later...

I also need help with timing of the tide. We will be in Saint John, NB on Saturday Sept 27th. Our ships says we will be in port between 7:30-4:00. Legend of the Seas.

I am confused about the time it will actually be in Saint John. While on board at 7:30am will it actually be 8:30am or 6:30am on Land???

Looking at the tide schedule Low Tide is approx. 8:22 on Sept 27, 2014.

I have rented a care from Avis and our goal will be to get off ship as early as possible and head to St Martin Sea Caves. Do you think we will have time to walk to see them?

I appreciate hearing from others! Thank you

I also need help with timing of the tide. We will be in Saint John, NB on Saturday Sept 27th. Our ships says we will be in port between 7:30-4:00. Legend of the Seas.

I am confused about the time it will actually be in Saint John. While on board at 7:30am will it actually be 8:30am or 6:30am on Land???

Looking at the tide schedule Low Tide is approx. 8:22 on Sept 27, 2014.

I have rented a care from Avis and our goal will be to get off ship as early as possible and head to St Martin Sea Caves. Do you think we will have time to walk to see them?

I appreciate hearing from others! Thank you

The Cruise Saint John schedule shows the Legend of the Seas in port on September 27th from 07:30 to 16:00 and as far as I know, they post in land time rather than ship time (since all the ships could be different).

However, I checked the Avis website and assuming you're renting from the location on Water Street, they appear to open at 9AM on Saturdays. If you don't have an arrangement to somehow get the car before they open, I don't think you'd be able to make it.