Water Taxi

We are coming to Fort Lauderdale in two weeks & plan to take the water taxi with a group of friends. We are staying in the Stirling Road area.

What is the best way to get to the water taxi from there & what stops are the best to get off for lunch, places for adult beverages & a beach stop? Thanks.

The stops and lists of restaurants are on this site

watertaxi.com

Thanks. I have looked at the water taxi website & I have searched the boards. I was looking for specific places that are CCer's could recommend.

I posted on another forum & got this great response:

Lots of choices , but starting from Hilton, 15th St Fisheries ( downstairs Pub , not upstairs $$$$), Pelican Bar at Pier 66, Bahia Cabana ( rum Runner - yum!,) Briney Pub or Downtowner at Riverwalk if you head west after that ( not Pirates Bar - yuk! ) or stay northbound to Shooters or Chart House - Chart House has a good happy hour at heir bar $5 cocktail specials and very good Prime Rib sliders etc. At the Gallery One /Doubletree stop you can walk one block west to Galleria Mall for Happy hour at Trulucks ( Happy Hour crab dip , calamri and margaritas) , Blue Martini or PF Changs, but the other places are right on the water , so probably better for what you want. The Water Taxi crew will guide you on request and your ticket does bring some discounts ( small) that they can tell you about. Alternatively, you can transfer to the Las Olas Water Taxi, get off near Mangos and walk the Boulevard , which is our Restaurant Row. If you choose that , add in an ice cream at Kilwins and a browse through Seldom Seen gift shop.

You could also get off at Beach Place and walk the very rustic beachfront bars like Elbo Room and Lulu's Bait Shack- New Orleans style - it's all more than you can possibly do- so many bars , so little time! We live here and still can't get it all done!

Any other suggestions?

Archived