Halloween Parties ONLY Oct 31st.

Chef P

OK then on Christmas lets not put deco up till the 25th or not at all and just give presents

I'm not saying there won't be decorations for Halloween; I mean Carnival had Christmas decor up on my birthday and that was before Thanksgiving. However, they don't have any special Christmas celebrations until the 25th, as far as I know.

I'm just simply saying that if Halloween and trick-or-treating is that important and Carnival isn't going to have anything, make your own fun as someone else suggested on another thread. Nothing wrong with that at all, it's your vacation do whatever is going to make you happy!

The picture people on the ship must be peeved. They used to run Halloween for the three weeks prior to Halloween on the ships one night and many pics were taken by the photo dept.

Where did you see this so we know it is fact?

John Heald confirmed it on his facebook page.

Does this apply to cruises that are leaving on October 30 since we will be actually be on the ship for Halloween or just for ships leaving actually on October 31?

From what I understand, previously Carnival had celebrations throughout October and now will only be having them on the 31st. I'm guessing costume contests, parades, things of that sort.

Hmm, no. Halloween is always celebrated on October 31st even when it's a week day! If not, then someone needs to tell all the trick-a-treaters who only go out on October 31st! LOL

Trick-or-treating has been the Sunday before Oct. 31 (from like 2-4 :rolleyes:) in every place I have ever lived. I don't think my kids have ever T-or-T actually on the 31st.

However, when I as a kid it was always on Oct. 31 after dark.

Maggie

We're cruising from the 17th to the 25th of this month, already had our costumes before the announcements were made.

So a bunch of people on our Roll Call decided to do a sort of a Hallween dress up flash mob.

We will dress up on one of the formal nights, all meet for YTD and then hit the public areas.

I'm going to buy a bunch of candy before we board and on the night we dress up hand it out to cruisers, kids and staff.

And we are doing on the formal night so we CAN get our portraits done.

They don't have to throw us a party, we will make our own!!!;):D

Cheers, Carole

BTW they never paid for the party, I believe it was sponsered by M&Ms and they aren't sponsering them this year, so they aren't having it.

I remember those days. Of course, back then, we had to dodge the saber-tooth tigers and watch out for the stomp of dirty big mastodon feet...oh, yes, and not get run over by tanks...I grew up in the Army, after all...

Trick-or-treating has been the Sunday before Oct. 31 (from like 2-4 :rolleyes:) in every place I have ever lived. I don't think my kids have ever T-or-T actually on the 31st.

However, when I as a kid it was always on Oct. 31 after dark.

Maggie

Have you ever tried candy corn mixed with dry roasted peanuts????

It tastes just like a Payday candy bar.....I keep a glass pumpkin of the mix on my desk..........

That sounds amazing!

Thanks for the five extra pounds that I'll now gain.

I specifically booked a Halloween cruise because it was just so darn much fun last year! Everyone seemed to be in an even more festive mood due to the holiday. Everyone didn't wear costumes but, a whole lot of people did. I can understand people being disappointed over the change.

I wonder if the Magic will have some type of costume party. We are cruising October 16. It would be alot of fun if they did. I wonder how you find out?

Carnival is only have Halloween Parties on the 31st. If you are on the ship on the 31st, you will have a party. If any other date, you won't have a party.

Maggie

LOL!! It's bad enough that the stores have had Christmas decorations out for the past few weeks already! :rolleyes:

In retail, they are always one season ahead of the present season which is why you will see swimsuits in the middle of winter on the east coast in February.

Orders for products to manufacturers have to go in much earlier than 20 years ago, but the difference today is that they now put out products much earlier than they did 20 years ago.

Part of this is due to economics. Some people would rather begin purchasing December holiday ornaments and gifts in September and October because it allows them to spread out their payments.

Stores love to capitalize on this which is why the present and future of retail will consistently begin to showcase holiday and seasonal merchandise a minimum of three months prior to the celebration date.

Archived