Don't Need ChoiceAir credits, would like another perk!

geocruiser

We had planned to book a cruise for January 2013, and were also waiting to see if a promotion came up, but none did. We booked onboard, and received a $400 credit for our veranda cabin. We will not be using ChoiceAir for this cruise as we did on our 9/2011 cruise as we have miles.

I do have to say that both of our September 2011 cruises (we did a back to back) NEVER came down in price (at least for those of us in the US)and, in fact, both were sold out. I'm happy I didn't wait!

I think the sticker shock those of us felt who had sailed at the long-gone cheaper rates is NOT felt by PAX who book now. IMHO, Azamara is still the best deal at sea.

I think that you are right that long-gone cheaper rates is NOT felt by PAX who book now.

I just feel for the cruise I was looking at that over $8,000 for two people for 12 days for Azamara is too much. I don't think that the product is worth that. While I like Azamara I still enjoy other cruise line also.

I see a lot of people saying they think it is unfair that they pay more for their cruise that they drive to, than those who fly and get the Choice Air Credit.

I must not understand the whole Choice Air Credit...

If Pax 1 lives in Miami and pays 2000 for their cruise only, and drives to the port, that is their price for the cruise only.

If Pax 2 lives in Chicago, pays 2000 for their cruise, buys Air from Choice air for 1000, then gets 1000 Choice Air credit, their, TOTAL bill was 3000, but with the 1000 Air credit, they end up paying 2000 for the cruise only.

Pax 1 & 2 are paying the exact same cruise only fare.

Am I wrong?

The cost for a cruise is what you pay the cruise line. Not the air lines or bus/train. When you book a hotel do they pay for your fare to get to the hotel?

Most people who are getting choice air are Ok with getting the discount count

and have others who don't use choice air are not happy paying the higher cruise fare. So for me, I will not sail Azamara until the cruise fare is more equal for the cruise that I want.

Archived