P216 ~ Sapphire ~ Should I Be Concerned with Noise and Motion?

JWJs

Hope someone can tell me about cabin P216 (Plaza Deck 5) on the Sapphire.

I realize P216 is under the Princess Theater and I'm wondering how much noise to expect.

Also, we usually have aft cabins so I'm wondering how much motion we will experience. I did get somewhat seasick the 2nd and 3rd days out of San Pedro on our Diamond Hawaii cruise and our cabin was in the aft on that cruise. P216 is waaaay forward.:eek:

Any and all info will help.:)

• 3 months later...

We were on the 12/17/2011 Sapphire Princess Hawaii Christmas cruise. Just in case someone might be interested in the answers to the questions I asked in my original post regarding Sapphire Princess P216 stateroom:

1. P216 was a wonderful stateroom. No noise from the Princess Theater.

2. P216 was just perfect as far as "no excessive motion" from seas swells up to 4 - 7 feet. Very Smooth ride.

We loved the location of P216. Here are a few stateroom pictures. I would have loved seeing pictures like the ones I'm posting prior to our 12/17 Sapphire Cruise. :)

2335904090063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2974761960063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2934774650063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2003793400063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

This is what the forward Plaza Deck hall looks like. You can see the cabin doors slanting in towards the front of the ship. As they slant in toward the front of the ship...the cabin winow wells get deeper.

2667819660063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for those photos & input which makes me more comfortable about our Sapphire P212 cabin in March. I previously asked about my cabin's location but didn't get any reply. I hope that our cabin will have the same configuration & not with the bed under the window. Based on the deck map our P212 is the last cabin before the bow begins to narrow with the cabins staggered as the hallway curves. Outstanding photos & thanks very much for posting them. :)

Thanks for those photos & input which makes me more comfortable about our Sapphire P212 cabin in March. I previously asked about my cabin's location but didn't get any reply. I hope that our cabin will have the same configuration & not with the bed under the window. Based on the deck map our P212 is the last cabin before the bow begins to narrow with the cabins staggered as the hallway curves. Outstanding photos & thanks very much for posting them. :)

You are so welcome! :) I'm so glad my post and pictures helped. I know what you mean about not getting a reply...I answered my own questions following our cruise. :)

Sorry. Don't count on the same cabin configuration. Our room steward, Luis, said the cabin configuration was scheduled to change (head of bed will be under the window) during the dry dock that's currently taking place. Reson: Our TV was located to the left of the bed and aligned with the bed headboard - if our bed had one. So to watch TV, we had 3 pillows each (that Louis brought us at our request) that we placed at the foot of the bed and we watched TV with our heads on the pillows at the foot of the bed. I told Louis, if the room configuration does change, we would want our bed in the "twins" configuration so that we could stand at the window to look out.

BTW...you are in for a real treat with Louis as your room steward. He has been the steward for the Captain and he is amazing. He organized everything on the dresser and also the bathroom sink area. We have a lot of wires...for cameras, laptop, phones, etc., and he put rubber bands on each wire set to keep each one neat and organized. Anything we asked for was done without delay. Our room was always freshened up on a timely basis. I asked for extra shampoo and cream rinse and he made sure that I always had 3 full bottles of each plus 3 lotions--organized on the top shelf of the sink area. He is kind and very attentive. Please tell him that the "Jays" from the Christmas Hawaii cruise P216 say hello and that we miss him.:)

Archived