Buenos Aires/Rio Cruise

Lawries

My wife and I are trying to pick our next Azamara cruise. One that we are thinking about is the Dec. 27 Quest cruise from Buenos Aires to Rio. Has any one done this one or a similar one and what is your opinion?

TIA,

Lawrie

My wife and I are trying to pick our next Azamara cruise. One that we are thinking about is the Dec. 27 Quest cruise from Buenos Aires to Rio. Has any one done this one or a similar one and what is your opinion?

TIA,

Lawrie

From our post I note that you are from Canada. If you are Canadian citizens you will require a visa for Rio. Be sure to allow enough time to obtain one.

Isn't that cruise on the Journey? WE are booked on Journey Rio to BA leaving January 4th. The Dec. 27th cruise includes a sail around the bay on New YEar's eve-the perfect vantage point for the fireworks which should be great!

From our post I note that you are from Canada. If you are Canadian citizens you will require a visa for Rio. Be sure to allow enough time to obtain one.

I just went through the exercise of getting my Brazilian visa for the December 18th sailing. There is a Consulate in Toronto. It took 3 business days to get it. They are very efficient but they are sticklers for the proper paperwork, and the website contains erroneous information. In addition, you cannot get in touch with the office to confirm anything by phone. They just dont answer or return calls. Be sure to have all your OFFICIAL itineraries, not just a copy of the cruise lines itinerary from the website, bring your actual confirmation from the "My Azamara" site after you make your booking. The requirements for the picture on the website is misleading. It is not a normal passport picture and it doesn't matter how big it is from top of head to chin...it has to be 5cm X 3cm in total. Bring the actual eticket for air. Bring a hotel confirmation. Go online to start the process off and print out documentation. MAKE SURE you have a money order for $81.25!!!!! If you want them to mail it back - it's another $25.00.

Bring it down to the Consulate at 77 Bloor W....11th floor. Park in Hazelton Lanes and do a little grocery shopping at Whole Foods before checking out and your parking is free.

The itinerary looks amazing and this is my 3rd Azamara cruise so I can tell you that the service can't be beat!!

Archived