Where does Seabourn dock in Pireaus?

jwave

and can I get there via metro/bus if there is a taxi strike? I have read that it is easy to get to Pireaus from Athens via metro or bus, but that it can be a VERY lengthy walk (with luggage) to the pier. Has anyone done this with Seabourn? Is it doable?

I am looking for plan B, if there is a strike. Also, the port is very large, will it be clear where the Odyssey is berthed if we are on foot?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pireaus is a large port and be quite a walk around. What we did when on the Quest, was to book a transfer through a reputable firm and they said that they would guarantee that we reached the port, even is there was a strike.

Have you checked about the strikes because they had called them off at one time.

This is who we booked through and they were excellent. http://www.athenstours.gr/Links_1.php

and can I get there via metro/bus if there is a taxi strike? I have read that it is easy to get to Pireaus from Athens via metro or bus, but that it can be a VERY lengthy walk (with luggage) to the pier. Has anyone done this with Seabourn? Is it doable?

I am looking for plan B, if there is a strike. Also, the port is very large, will it be clear where the Odyssey is berthed if we are on foot?

Thanks in advance for any help.

We came OFF The Odyssey last Monday & there was a strike. We booked our air/transfer via Seabourn so were safe in our transfers but the taxis were still working to & from the airport to the port but people said they were really charging up for the fares if you were not prebooked. It seems the strikes are a bit wild cat, so I would prebook via any recommendations here in advance & not bother with public transfer option as one can never say when a strike is going to happen. Best be safe than sorry.

I did not think they offered transfers if you did not use their hotel.

Book your transfers through Seabourn. It is in a private Mercedes and thios way Seabourn is responsible for getting you there. It came to about $35 a person (2 people in a car) this past summer.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Seabourn Odyssey on Monday and the public transportation was on strike. I pre-arranged a transfer with Paul of Athens by Taxi and his driver met us right outside Terminal B. It was cheaper than the Seabourn transfer cost to the airport. I can highly recommend him!

We just got off the Seabourn Odyssey on Monday and the public transportation was on strike. I pre-arranged a transfer with Paul of Athens by Taxi and his driver met us right outside Terminal B. It was cheaper than the Seabourn transfer cost to the airport. I can highly recommend him!

How strange (and amusing). We also just got off the Odyssey on Monday. We also used Paul of Athens by Taxi (his son Demetrius picked us up) for a full day tour of Athens and then drop off at our hotel. The next day his son Nick picked us up for the airport. Paul uses regular taxi cabs and I believe he mentioned that he will not cross any strike lines. If there is a taxi strike (as there is today) then there may be a problem. A small note, although we arrived in Terminal B, everyone took a short shuttle bus to Terminal A to collect luggage and then meet transportation out of the port. I would not have wanted to walk from Terminal A to B...

I second the recommendation for Paul's company. Both sons spoke great English. Demetrius was there waiting for us and pulled right up to the terminal so that we didn't get soaked by the pouring rain. Also the company keeps track of strikes and other disruptions and will contact you before hand if things need to change. There were road closures scheduled for the day we transferred to the airport and Nick called the night before to move up the pick up time to avoid problems.

As for using Seabourn transfers when you didn't book the hotel through Seabourn. I read a number of previous posts that suggested that Seabourn will not transfer you to your hotel. The only exception is if you are staying at the Grand Bretagne or King George which are the two hotels that Seabourn books. If you want to go through this route then I would get your TA to double check that it's possible.

I booked the GB on my own through Amex, then contacted my TA regarding transfers to the port. All is set. Might have paid at bit more; ($35 pp) but worth the ease of mind in case of strikes. Also booked transfer from airport to GB through the hotel. Taxi, if all is well, and private car if not.

Archived