Anytime dining with a 3 year old

teddy'sgirl

We sail next week on the Fascination!:p We have anytime dining which hubby and I have done on the last cruise without the kids. When we sailed last December, we had early seating. We love the MDR but dinner takes so long when you are dealing with a 3 year old. Would it be too much to request a table that is more secluded (i.e. away from other guests) so as to not bother other guests if our daughter starts to get bored and a little rambunctious before dinner is finished? :o

Likewise - it is a good idea. You can make it as long or as short as you want it (within reason). However, it is getting more and more popular (did it on last 2 cruises and loved it) so you may not get a secluded table every time. Just take crayons, books etc to keep her entertained. I am sure she will do fine. Nice to hear you are so considerate of other cruisers, others aren't so accommodating.

Last December, we made it to night #3 in the MDR. I left with her mid-meal because she was just soo tired and just wanted to get down and run around. We ended up with room service while hubby and our other two kids had warm chocolate melting cake! We never made it back to the MDR the rest of the week! I just didn't want to have to deal with another meltdown (hers and mine)! :rolleyes: I just felt so bad for the folks around us! :o We loved anytime dining the last cruise and it seemed to not take quite as long so we felt this would be a good option. I've never requested a table before so I'm sort of in uncharted waters (no pun intended)!

Archived