I'm booked for my first cruise!!! WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Nickles

As others have mentioned you are gonna love cruising...Just booked our first with RCCL for next October and we don't set sale for our current one until Monday :eek:. Yep I am becoming one of those that has to have at least 1 booked at all time LOL.

Thank you everyone! I have been bit by the bug, and I haven't even left home yet!!

Now that I have my reservation number, when is the best time to book my entertainment/dining options? My TA booked us for My Time Dining, as all of the early and late seatings were full. Could I book those now?

Good for you- realizing a long held dream! 6 years reading about other people's cruises you are due!!!:D

Here is my planning method(caveat: some people don't like to plan, in which case don't sweat it, you can have fun without planning a lick; but if you do here is what as worked for me for many cruises! Though the entertainment pre booking with Oasis class is new- I've been doing this for years with a Cruise Compass)

Step 1 On these boards find 2 recent documents; cruise compass for your itinerary and showtimes at a glance.

Step 2 Review these and decide what shows and activities ( quest, bingo, belly flop contests etc) interest you and your party

Step 3 make a day by day schedule ( I use a spreadsheet) with boxes for meals, am, pm activities and late night activities.

Step 4 begin penciling in activities that interest you ( I book in time for night hot tubbing, or drinks on the balcony etc if I want to do those even though they are not public activities)

Step 5 book MTD or specialty dining reservations around the shows and activities you think you don't want to miss. MTD & $ restaurants was avail about 6 months prior to sailing. ( caveat: the compass may change a bit- but you can always adjust on board- note that the show schedule has been pretty constant for many months now)

Step 6 book shore excursions, spa appointments if you want.

Step 7 When shows start being available ( anywhere from 90-60 days prior) start checking your reservation daily; when available to book, book those according to your plan. If you need to change dining to accommodate your shows you can do it now.

Step 8 print out your schedule and bring it with you on your cruise, as the poster above mentioned, leave it where you can check frequently

Step 9 above all ENJOY! There are times when you'll want to bail, so bail, other times you'll be happy you are not missing out on the stuff that really matters to you and you can relax onboard and not be obsessively checking the Compass ( it's like 6 pages long!:eek:)

Have Fun!

Archived