I'm booked for my first cruise!!! WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Nickles

I just booked my husband and I for our first cruise ever! We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary/my birthday next year and what better way to celebrate it than on a cruise!! May 19th, 2012 Eastern Itinerary on the Oasis! We booked a mid ship ocean view balcony cabin on deck 12. And we got the OBC.

I am so excited!! I've never cruised before (even though I've been on this site forever), so I will have lots of questions!!

Doing my happy dance!! :D

I just booked my husband and I for our first cruise ever! We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary/my birthday next year and what better way to celebrate it than on a cruise!! May 19th, 2012 Eastern Itinerary on the Oasis! We booked a mid ship ocean view balcony cabin on deck 12. And we got the OBC.

I am so excited!! I've never cruised before (even though I've been on this site forever), so I will have lots of questions!!

...and you picked quite a ship for your first time. You are going to be soooo spoiled! Get ready to start spending all of your extra cash on cruises from now on. Welcome!:p

and sounds like you've done everything perfectly!!!

No better time to sail the Eastern Caribbean than mid May!!

Ship choice - superb ;) with an oceanview balcony - awsome!!:)

and OBC to throw in too!!!

Now all you need is a RCI Visa card to add some more OBC!!! :p

............let the countdown begin!!!! Yipeeeee!!!

I bet your husband will wish you are NOT like my wife.

She refuses to get off a ship, unless, I book another cruise while we are on the ship. I have to have it booked and, papers in hand, before she dis-embarks.... :p

I wonder what she would do IF I did not have something else booked? :confused:

Congratulations on your first cruise,what ship will you sail on.

let's all go to the Caribbean.:) :) :)

Thank you everyone! I have been bit by the bug, and I haven't even left home yet!!

Now that I have my reservation number, when is the best time to book my entertainment/dining options? My TA booked us for My Time Dining, as all of the early and late seatings were full. Could I book those now?

Reservations are not allowed until closer to sail date. It's either 60 or 90 days out. Someone will come along that knows for sure. Keep checking the website. Once they allow you to reserve I suggest that you do. It's fun planning a cruise. I love to sign up for everything and them print our my schedule to take with me. Have fun planning!

Well, now your going to the best ship first.... I did it the opposite way, I started with Majesty...lol Have fun !!!

How exciting! Congratulations! Many have already said it, but you will get addicted to cruising. Samantha Brown hosted a great episode on the Travel Channel for first time cruisers (I think it was Samantha, senior moment) that truly covered some do's and don'ts for first time cruisers. Do read your seaboard Compass. This is a daily travel guide that refelects all activities while onboard. There is so much to do, you'll be amazed! Do prepay gratuties, excursions and packages. At least it makes me feel my spending is under control. Do enjoy the spa onboard! Do bring all required travel documents and make sure they match your reservation to the letter. Don't bring your worries and have fun! :)

Congratulations! You'll fall in love with cruising like the rest of us on CC have. And Oasis will totally spoil you for anything less. What a way to start your cruising experience!

It may be 75 days out before you can book your shows, etc. I can't wait to be able to do that, too. Then I make a spreadsheet of everything to put on our cabin mirror.

My suggestions are to bring some post-its, pen, marker and highlighter. Ask away with any other questions you may have. Have you gotten your passports yet? They're handy to have.

Our first cruise, in April 1984, changed our lives. We'd never been off the continent, never snorkeled, never been where they drive on the left.....and never, ever, tried escargot.

We've cruised everywhere since, including finally Scandinavia/Baltic, driven on the left ourselves, and eaten lots more exotic foods. Cruising opens the door to a whole new world.

Relish every minute, enjoy all the new friends you'll make, and, if you do get passports, you can take advantage of some marvelous opportunities to sail all over the world.

Best wishes for a great cruising future.

Congrats! You will love the Oasis...what a wonderful ship to take your first cruise. You will be spoiled to death!

Would it make sense to NOT do any dinner reservations for My Time Dining until you have your show reservations all set? Then you can work around the show times.

There are really two schools of thought on this. If you would like to eat dinner at the same time each night then book dinner first and work the shows into your dinner schedule. If you don't really care what time you eat dinner, or if you think you might eat at a location where no reservation is needed (promenade for pizza, windjammer, etc.) then book your shows first.

My DH and I reserve main seating for dinner as that's the time we like and then book shows around dinner. It truly is a personal choice!

Hmmmm...You joined Cruise Critic 6 years ago and just now booked a cruise? Why so long?

I initially joined when my husband and I were thinking of going on the Freedom of the Seas (or was it the Navigator) when it first launched ... I joined the board to get more info. I got pregnant and had my first daughter, so that trip was put on hold. We tried to go on another cruise in 2007, then I had my second daughter.

I've finally said no more excuses, I have to go on a cruise! So I paid my deposit today and here I am...

Archived