Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

I wish all you ladies lived near me. I hate clothes shopping and now I have to find another dress for my daughter's wedding and our next cruise. This is the dress I wore on our last cruise and it worked pretty good, but I cheated and raided my sister's closet. I have the over the top dresses from weddings and the regulation funeral dress. I like classic, simple lines and knee length. Can any of you help point me in the right direction to a store or web site? Thanks!a14.jpg

Blueboss--I get a lot of things on Ebay. I've gotten some really beautiful dresses at great prices. Also at Ross if you have one. Try this site for some reasonably priced cocktail dresses. Hope it helps! P.S. you two look great!

http://www.boscovs.com/StoreFrontWeb/Department.bos?departmentNumber=1225145&departmentId=&pdn=1200020&promotionId=&classId=&viewAll=true

Edited by jkudzu

Thanks! I've never heard of Boscov's or Ross. Loving some of the dresses on the link you gave me. I was quite proud of my husband, this was the first time he didn't wear a new pair of jeans for dress and the second time I've seen him in a tie. Just gotta love a Texan! :D

Here are the dresses I wore for the 2 formal nights on the first cruise:

2923863440028318781S500x500Q85.jpg

2536354000028318781S500x500Q85.jpg

I love all your dresses, they all look fabulous on you especially the full length purple one.....may I ask where you purchased the purple gown?

I love all your dresses, they all look fabulous on you especially the full length purple one.....may I ask where you purchased the purple gown?

There were two purple formal gowns. The light purple, one shouldered gown was from Lord and Taylor; it also came in Fuschia and Sky Blue. The darker purple one I got at Penney's.

There were two purple formal gowns. The light purple, one shouldered gown was from Lord and Taylor; it also came in Fuschia and Sky Blue. The darker purple one I got at Penney's.

Thanks for the information Boo2! Did you have any formal pictures taken in the purple gown from Lord and Taylor?

Boo2, I absolutely love all the dresses you just posted, but especially all the evening gowns. The purple one you said you got from Penneys is gorgeous on you, and you look both adorable and elegant at the same time in it!

Thanks, Judi. If I remember correctly, you and I have already proven to have similar taste in clothes. Didn't we both buy the same black gown? ;)

Thanks for the information Boo2! Did you have any formal pictures taken in the purple gown from Lord and Taylor?

We had pictures taken almost every night; it's part of what we like about cruising. We bought two of the "casual" pictures and the picture taken on the formal night when I was wearing the pink dress. We both liked that formal picture the best.

Thanks, Judi. If I remember correctly, you and I have already proven to have similar taste in clothes. Didn't we both buy the same black gown? ;)

Yes, we both had that black Sangria keyhole gown. I was 'lucky' that I broke the zipper BEFORE the cruise, and had it repaired since I saw 2 women onboard that had to sew it on themselves. I KNEW someone else would have the same dress for that price, but I put a brooch at the waistband (thanks for the idea!) and that really polished it up.

My name is Judi and I'm addicted to cruising....Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well....Just wanted to tell you that the black and grey dresses that I bought arrived today....They are really pretty...the fit is perfect. I actually had the dresses made a couple inches shorter as I usually have to take them to be hemmed. These are a perfect fit and length. I really like the black, but I think Drew likes the grey best.

Then to top it all...a dear friend, surprised me with a gift this past week. The cutest black evening bag that had grey and black roses. It's perfect. Thanks, Sis!;)

Well, I like the dress so much, that I'm not sure if I told you ladies that I ordered it in a dark green!:D Yeah, I know....:rolleyes::) Everyone have a good evening.

!C!55Obg!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKioEzUlUcmh8BNFGzcuZ1Q~~0_3.JPG

Aaaah, now all is right with the world again. Have been away for awhile and just caught up with all the truly beautiful gowns ladies have been kind enough to share pictures of. Long live "frocking up". :)

Welcome back!! So I guess this means you have been out "galavanting" around again!:D

Welcome back!! So I guess this means you have been out "galavanting" around again!:D

Thank you for the Welcome Back but hmmm, galavanting, not so much. I certainly don't have any glamour shots to share as we have been camping!! We had a great time but my photo of being tossed off an inner tube whilst floating down a river (with very small rapids :o) would not make the grade here.

Your gowns sound beautiful and I am so pleased the fit and length have been such a success. So nice to be able to unwrap the parcel, put it on and look gorgeous. :)

Thank you for the Welcome Back but hmmm, galavanting, not so much. I certainly don't have any glamour shots to share as we have been camping!! We had a great time but my photo of being tossed off an inner tube whilst floating down a river (with very small rapids :o) would not make the grade here.

Your gowns sound beautiful and I am so pleased the fit and length have been such a success. So nice to be able to unwrap the parcel, put it on and look gorgeous. :)

Sounds like such fun..I have never been camping in my life..something that I need to try once before I get too old. Well, maybe not actual camping out, but I would love to go back to the mountains and stay in a cabin. I could do that!:D

It does sound like you had a wonderful time, glad you are back.