Travel blog from a musician on board the Silhouette! Check it out!

dpryo319

Passing on the good word, since his blog has seemed to get a lot of hits lately, to any who are interested in reading/following his travels on the brand new Celebrity Silhouette!!

My boyfriend, all the way from Prairie Du Sac, WI, is the orchestra pianist on board the ship and has been keeping a blog since "meeting" the ship in Emshaven, Holland, way back in the beginning of July! Everything from what rehearsals are like, to training, to all the variety of shows, the different restaurants, extraordinary food, being a spa "model" on embark day, to him traveling all the way to the Holy Lands! He has quite the personality and his blog sure shows that! Anyone cruising on the Silhouette between now and Dec. 12 has the chance to run into him and see him play, as well as the fantastic orchestra he is apart of! (Can't leave any of them out, never been on the ship to hear them, but recordings of them are just phenomenal!) :)

Here is the link : http://roryboltoncruise.blogspot.com

and some youtube videos for viewing :

Clips of some celebrity shows throughout (Mainly beginning, 9minutes, and 11 minutes, and at the end)

And some of his promo videos that he used to audition for the cruise:

Cocktail Pianist:

Piano Bar:

if you would like to be in contact, my e-mail is damarapryor09@gmail.com :)

Passing on the good word, since his blog has seemed to get a lot of hits lately, to any who are interested in reading/following his travels on the brand new Celebrity Silhouette!!

My boyfriend, all the way from Prairie Du Sac, WI, is the orchestra pianist on board the ship and has been keeping a blog since "meeting" the ship in Emshaven, Holland, way back in the beginning of July! Everything from what rehearsals are like, to training, to all the variety of shows, the different restaurants, extraordinary food, being a spa "model" on embark day, to him traveling all the way to the Holy Lands! He has quite the personality and his blog sure shows that! Anyone cruising on the Silhouette between now and Dec. 12 has the chance to run into him and see him play, as well as the fantastic orchestra he is apart of! (Can't leave any of them out, never been on the ship to hear them, but recordings of them are just phenomenal!) :)

Here is the link : http://roryboltoncruise.blogspot.com

and some youtube videos for viewing :

Clips of some celebrity shows throughout (Mainly beginning, 9minutes, and 11 minutes, and at the end)

And some of his promo videos that he used to audition for the cruise:

Cocktail Pianist:

Piano Bar:

if you would like to be in contact, my e-mail is damarapryor09@gmail.com :)

Well, I just spent a chilly, rainy afternoon thoroughly enjoying the blog of your BF. Also viewed a couple of the vids of him. So far I am in Kusadasi with him and looking forward to more.

Not only is he quite talented, he is a good writer. It is fun reading of the inner workings of some of the crew. I knew the entertainment staff worked hard, just didn't realize how hard they do work for our (cruisers) enjoyement.

I have some friends on the first full stateside sailing out of NJ and have sent the link on to them. Perhaps they will meet him in person. Unfortunatley, I will not be on Silhouette until the transatlantic of 2012 . . . . maybe he will be back onboard.

Well, I just spent a chilly, rainy afternoon thoroughly enjoying the blog of your BF. Also viewed a couple of the vids of him. So far I am in Kusadasi with him and looking forward to more.

Not only is he quite talented, he is a good writer. It is fun reading of the inner workings of some of the crew. I knew the entertainment staff worked hard, just didn't realize how hard they do work for our (cruisers) enjoyement.

I have some friends on the first full stateside sailing out of NJ and have sent the link on to them. Perhaps they will meet him in person. Unfortunatley, I will not be on Silhouette until the transatlantic of 2012 . . . . maybe he will be back onboard.

Thanks so much for reading :) He is quite talented, and he has such a personality with his writing... I agree! They do work non-stop it seems, as everyday he has a new story for me about a show/meeting someone/playing for someone! He just loves it, it's a dream job for him, that's for sure!

If you wanted to give your friends my e-mail (listed in the above post) I can make sure they get in contact with him...there are quite a few people I have come across who will be cruising on that cruise, and I know he would love to meet up with them :) Who knows...might get some free entertainment one night! ;)

Thanks again for reading and passing on!

Thanks so much for reading :) He is quite talented, and he has such a personality with his writing... ;)

Thanks again for reading and passing on!

I have been following his blog for the last week or more and he is really good at describing what he sees and the work he is doing. I think Celebrity would be wise to promote his blog and encourage others on the staff to write about their experiences. It is great promotional material for the company and gives a little of the inside story of working on a large ship.

His youtube videos show he is very talented and we look forward to seeing him perform one day. Unfortunately, we are not booked on Silhouette as of now.

I'm 30 years old - sailing on the TA on 10/22 -- probably the youngest passenger on board! Hopefully I'll get to meet him!

I'll be sailing with him on 10-10 and am looking forward to hearing him play. Leaving here Friday after work so the excitement level is pretty high right now.

I have been following his blog for the last week or more and he is really good at describing what he sees and the work he is doing. I think Celebrity would be wise to promote his blog and encourage others on the staff to write about their experiences. It is great promotional material for the company and gives a little of the inside story of working on a large ship.

His youtube videos show he is very talented and we look forward to seeing him perform one day. Unfortunately, we are not booked on Silhouette as of now.

I agree with that! It's like a free promo to go on a Celebrity cruise. I know that some people on the ship pretty high up have gotten word of it and have been checking it out.

Thanks for checking him out, hope you get to see him perform one day as well!

Great blog - thanks.

I also like to read Capt Albert on Holland America. So interesting to learn about the marine aspects of all the different ports.

Takes special people to devote their time to entertaining others in this way. Celebrity should encourage more of this IMHO.

Great blog - thanks.

I also like to read Capt Albert on Holland America. So interesting to learn about the marine aspects of all the different ports.

Takes special people to devote their time to entertaining others in this way. Celebrity should encourage more of this IMHO.

I agree, thanks for reading!!

Maybe with all this addulation who knows what might happen. Better contract?:cool:

That would be nice ;) Or maybe the chance that him and I would be able to play on the same ship...right now the chances aren't very good unfortunately.. Oh, the life of a musician!

I'll be sailing with him on 10-10 and am looking forward to hearing him play. Leaving here Friday after work so the excitement level is pretty high right now.

I bet!!! I would be super excited :)Wish I had the opportunity!!

I'm 30 years old - sailing on the TA on 10/22 -- probably the youngest passenger on board! Hopefully I'll get to meet him!

Ha ha! Probably! He is 23, so he is pretty young to be working on a ship...and if I end up doing a cruise contract (I plan to audition for one for a contract this summer, I am also a musician (clarinet, sax, flute)) I will be even younger... just shy of 21!

Hope you enjoy your cruise and get to meet him :) He is a fantastic musician! And the shows are phenominal! (I've seen video footage...and I would love to see them!)

Thanks for reading!

I plan to audition for one for a contract this summer, I am also a musician (clarinet, sax, flute)) I will be even younger... just shy of 21!

Thanks for reading!

Good luck! Just reading your bf's blog, it is as hard as it appears to be fulfilling, both professionally and personally.

Would be neat to see you in the orchestra on the Silhouette next year. Even neater if in the same group the pianist were Rory.

Shall we start a letter writing petition to Celebrity. :cool:

Good luck! Just reading your bf's blog, it is as hard as it appears to be fulfilling, both professionally and personally.

Would be neat to see you in the orchestra on the Silhouette next year. Even neater if in the same group the pianist were Rory.

Shall we start a letter writing petition to Celebrity. :cool:

Yes :) That sounds fantastic!!! Thank you for the kind words, they are much appreciated!

Greetings From Chicagoland!

What an entertaining read. It's fascinating to see the cruise experience from another perspective. You certainly are a caring young lady to take the time to share this with Celebrity cruise fans. Hope you and Rory get to see each other soon. Good luck with your professional career too.

Greetings From Chicagoland!

What an entertaining read. It's fascinating to see the cruise experience from another perspective. You certainly are a caring young lady to take the time to share this with Celebrity cruise fans. Hope you and Rory get to see each other soon. Good luck with your professional career too.

Greetings from your neighbor to the north!.. Wisconsin! :)

Thanks for reading :) And thanks for the well wishes!

I would like to thank you for screwing up my sleep patterns, by forcing me to read the entire blog over the last two nights. Not sure what to do at midnight anymore. Rory has done a great job. Will save his blog as a travel guide for future cruises. Thank you for a great view of your life on board.

I would like to thank you for screwing up my sleep patterns, by forcing me to read the entire blog over the last two nights. Not sure what to do at midnight anymore. Rory has done a great job. Will save his blog as a travel guide for future cruises. Thank you for a great view of your life on board.

Ha ha! You are welcome ;) You can keep on reading....he has two more months of posts left! :)

Glad you have enjoyed the blog! He is a great writer :)

P.S. Unfortunately I am not on board with him....some day hopefully I will be! :)

10/12/11 & 10/13/11: Sea Days #1 and 2

Broadway Nights is tonight w/ the Capt.’s toast to open everything up. Enjoyed a relaxing morning at sea, then made my way up to the gym and, thanks to Brandon, have now discovered the sauna outside the spa. Perfect combination with a workout; let me tell you, its revitalizing! Can’t believe it’s taken me this long to find it, haha…

Today (2nd day at sea) was a little different than normal sea days…but woke up on a good note, b/c it was pay day!!! Always brings a smile to all the crew, haha. However, there is always a price to pay with money, today was flu vaccinations for all the crew (not mandatory, but probably a good idea to have being on w/ like 1,400 other strangers from the world!) Then at 2pm, we (orchestra) got to help Katrina Rose record an album, some of the songs from her show we performed 2 nights ago, which I’ve never really had the opportunity to do for someone in the past, and tomorrow afternoon she has asked me to accompany her on the recording for some of her vocal solo work. There’s a bonus too b/c being something outside of our normal routine and work, we are able to charge for our services, so we can pick up a lil’ extra cash on the side! Tonight, it’s Steve Rawlings, which means we have the night off! Grand Cuvee for dinner with the band! Before then, I’m going to be practicing w/ the strings working on some new pieces to accompany them, so finding things to keep myself occupied here on the ship!

Just returned from Cuvee, and I really don’t like to rub in my meals to you guys, but sometimes you just have to, haha. We all met in Cellar Masters outside the hall for a pre-dinner cocktail/wine, then my courses consisted of the following: appetizers-escargot and oysters Rockefeller, a creamy lobster bisque soup, a lemon sole and shrimp quenelles entrée, a topped off w/ a chocolate marquise dark rum cake w/ a pistachio sauce on the side. Mmm…can you say tasty? Definitely got my fill in for the day, and I’ll know I’ll be sleeping well tonight! Tomorrow starts training review getting us prepared for the U.S. Coastguard when we do the Trans-Atlantic cruise next, so I get to meet with the other crew members who are assigned to my lifeboat. Not sure if the training will involve us taking the boats out into the water exactly and lowering them, but we’ll just wait and find out. Katy Setterfield, an impressionist singer/musician is tomorrow night. So busy day w/ lifeboat training, then recording w/ Katrina Rose, then rehearsal w/ Katy, then one show tomorrow night. Off to bed!

Archived