Depression After Cruising on Oasis

Well, last January we took our yearly cruise and now it's almost time to cruise again. Having basically taken our "dream cruise" on the Oasis the last time I find myself sort of down in the dumps about our pending Carnival Magic cruise.

Don't get me wrong, we LOVE cruising and I'm sure we'll have a great time, but I just don't have the same excitement level I had this time last year.

Has anyone else felt like that? Or am I just being a baby?

Ok, don't answer that.

Well, last January we took our yearly cruise and now it's almost time to cruise again. Having basically taken our "dream cruise" on the Oasis the last time I find myself sort of down in the dumps about our pending Carnival Magic cruise.

Don't get me wrong, we LOVE cruising and I'm sure we'll have a great time, but I just don't have the same excitement level I had this time last year.

Ok, don't answer that.

I get it.

My sister and I and some friends are sailing on Oasis on 11/5. My sister and I, a few weeks ago, spent two hours e-mailing back and forth one evening with each other about options for next year's cruise, also in Nov. After going on about the price savings we'd have by doing Carnival or NCL, guess what we booked - Allure of the Seas! We both knew there's no going back! We've been on Liberty of the Seas, so we know we'll both love Oasis, and wanted nothing less then either Oasis class or Freedom class.

However, I am looking forward to sailing Carnival's new Breeze, maybe in 2013. They've completely redesigned and it looks as elegant as Royal Caribb. No more neon.

As someone who was once told she "lived in a dream world" because all I could think about was vacations...I have to tell you, I always feel like a totally different person after vacation and have quite often changed jobs or made other life changes after vacations. In fact, it was my first cruise at 15, aboard the Sun Viking in '86 that changed my lifes goals enormously...it made me realize I wanted more out of life than all my peers seemed to be planning for and guess what....I got it all !!!

You can do it too...cruising gives you time to think about what really makes you happy...when Im aboard I am usually booking 1 or 2 cruises more and that just gives me more things to look forward too...thats what its all about

My feeling is just the opposite. I just booked the Allure for 9/22/13 because of the WOW sale and it is my niece's 16th birthday gift and she wants to go on that ship. I will have completed 14 Carnival cruises and I am nervous and exicited to try Royal. I new it was the Freedom or the Oasis class ships that we would go on. Seeing Starbucks on the Allure, sealed the deal for me!! I will be scouring these threads to get all the info I need to have an awesome cruise!! Thanks in advance.

P.S. I can't wait for the Breeze either. We are booked for 3-16-13!!

I get it.

However, I am looking forward to sailing Carnival's new Breeze, maybe in 2013. They've completely redesigned and it looks as elegant as Royal Caribb. No more neon.

No more neon? Is the world about to end or something?

You gals live in a great spot, sooooo many ships to choose from. Totally jealous.

My feeling is just the opposite. I just booked the Allure for 9/22/13 because of the WOW sale and it is my niece's 16th birthday gift and she wants to go on that ship. I will have completed 14 Carnival cruises and I am nervous and exicited to try Royal. I new it was the Freedom or the Oasis class ships that we would go on. Seeing Starbucks on the Allure, sealed the deal for me!! I will be scouring these threads to get all the info I need to have an awesome cruise!! Thanks in advance.

P.S. I can't wait for the Breeze either. We are booked for 3-16-13!!

Wow what a nice gift. I have a friend who has only sailed Carnival and I keep trying to get her to try another line. You will be pleased and most likely be the end of your your Carnival cruises. Try all the lines. The Oasis and the Allure are destinations themselves. :)

I have felt similar to you. My husband and I started cruising together on Carnival and loved it. We tried Royal a few years ago and found that it ranked higher (in our eyes) than Carnival.

We booked the Carnival Miracle last year for Thanksgiving. Let me say that, as expected, we had a wonderful time; however, the weeks before I found I wasn't as excited as I am before going on Royal.

No more neon? Is the world about to end or something?

You gals live in a great spot, sooooo many ships to choose from. Totally jealous.

I guess Carnival decided, design wise, to join the ranks of Royal & Princess! The Breeze looks beautiful in the pics!

And yes, be jealous if you will, we get to choose from Ft. Laud, Miami, Port Canaveral, and Tampa where my sister lives!

I think that if you are people that dont have that many vacations per year you should always treat yourselves and not give up what you really want to do. Even in a penthouse suite on Crystal I felt I had missed my Royal Caribbean experience.

After my cruise on Oasis in the first year of service I thought "what is the big deal?". The ship did not impress me other than the sheer size. I do not understand why people pay the high fares to sail on this ship or the Allure.

I have no desire to ever sail on either one again.

We cruised on Oasis last November and really, really want to go again, but due to financial circumstances we will not be able to cruise again for a couple of years. Not having any trips planned is just plain depressing!

After my cruise on Oasis in the first year of service I thought "what is the big deal?". The ship did not impress me other than the sheer size. I do not understand why people pay the high fares to sail on this ship or the Allure.

We sailed the Oasis and the price was fine at 849pp for an oceanview. With that said, we felt the entertainment was a key factor for us. It was outstanding. There was so much to see and do. We had a blast. To each his own, we all know what we like or dislike. :)

we sailed Oasis earlier this may. After 2 weeks being back home, going thru our pictures, writing a trip report we ended up putting a deposit down 3 weeks after getting of the Oasis. Now we are going to try HAL just to see halfmoon cay and panama canal.

Our thoughts exactly.Glad we tried it, won't go back. We just got off the Freedom,great cruise,great ship,great crew, would go back in a heartbeat.

Different strokes for different folks. Fifth cruise coming up on an Oasis class ship. Many of us think that they are the best thing afloat. ;)

We booked our Oasis trip 284 days in advance and spent some time every day on CC reading about it and looking at pictures. by the time our cruise came we had HUGE expectations and HUGE excitement like never before. I have to say it TOTALLY lived up to our expecations and more. We will probably go on Allure at some point but they really need to do something about the repetition of the ports. although we only got off Oasis once, it would be nice to have more port options when you are paying a premium for a ship like that.

Althhough we like Princess, it is kind of disappointing that we won't be able to rock climb, ice skate, zip and surf..... oh well.

We just booked Allure of the Seas for next November with some friends.

This will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise and I am excited about trying RCL and the hugh new ship. I have heard great reviews about it. There are two people at work that have been on the Allure and they thoroughly enjoyed it. We really like Celebrity. We leave in six weeks for Celebrity Solstice the Mediterrean and we booked this over a year ago also. Then we have Celebrity Infinity coming up in seven months for Alaska.

I will report back after we do our cruise on the Allure of the Seas to let you know which cruise line is our favorite.

We have been on the following and these are our most favorite to date:

Best to worst:

Celebrity

Princess

NCL

Carnival

Costa (the worst by far)

then after RCL we shall see.

Happy siling.:p:p:p

Ok, don't answer that.

Hey Man....I dunno....but thanks for the heads-up.

I don't want to ever, ever go through that downer stuff ...since wifey

and I have only been cruising a few years now.

So.... thanks.

Problem solved. I (we) will never, ever, ever, ever, ever

ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever,

ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever,

cruise on the Oasis or the Allure and risk such depression.

You just saved me a ton of money.

Thanks again.

Bob in S FL.

:cool:

Archived