Review: Pride to Bermuda 9/18/2011

micdee

Thanks everyone. Katie, I also read your review and thought it was terrific. It inspired me to go back and download some more pictures that I'll try to put at the end. This photo resizing business however is the pits. Too time consuming:mad:.

Thanks everyone. Katie, I also read your review and thought it was terrific. It inspired me to go back and download some more pictures that I'll try to put at the end. This photo resizing business however is the pits. Too time consuming:mad:.

Yes it is VERY time consuming!! Which photo provider do you use? I don't re-size mine, I use photobucket.com and then just click the image that you want to post with your review and copy the "Image code" and paste it into my review...between text or wherever. Maybe that would be faster for you? It does take awhile to get all the photos loaded on their site, but otherwise its pretty simple.

After we got back to the ship, we showered and changed. We wanted to go out for Heritage Night at the Dockyard, and since we had late seating for dinner we went up to the Lido to grab some food. Unfortunately we lingered too long at dinner and missed some of the entertainment. Our friends said that the Gombay dancers were terrific. There were concession stands set up with food and local wares. We bought some donuts that were made right in front of us, and boy they were yummy. We had a beer at the Frog & Onion, shopped at the craft store, then returned to the ship. What a full day we had, on the run for 12 hours straight. Here's a few pics.

A Bermuda Bobby

DSCF0486.jpg

DSCF0487.jpg

Pride at night

DSCF0489.jpg

We awoke again to a warm, sunny day, only this would be our last. You had to be back on board by 11am, so that didn't leave much time to do anything. The lucky folks onboard the Norwegian Gem which was docked next to us had the pleasure of staying till 5pm that day.

Since my husband is a history buff, we decided to visit the National Museum of Bermuda, which is located right at the Dockyard. It houses the Bermuda Maritime Museum, Commissioners House, and Dolphin Quest.

The Museum opened at 9:30, and cost was $10pp to enter.

DSCF0500.jpg

bermuda58-1.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

Sheep on grounds

bermuda60-1.jpg

Our time in Bermuda had unfortunately came to an end. Here are some random shots of us pulling away.

bermuda66-1.jpg

bermuda67-1.jpg

bermuda65-1.jpg

We really enjoyed our stay in Bermuda. It is now one of our favorite islands and hopefully we'll get to return one day.

Our last day at sea was quite relaxing which we needed after our running around in Bermuda. The weather started out nice, but went downhill by mid afternoon. My husband and Jim are big fans of Notre Dame football, and we were able to watch the game at the sports bar. As the luck of the Irish would have it, ND won the game and when we returned to the cabin, there was a rainbow outside our balcony.

DSCF0318.jpg

Sunset on the balcony

bermuda78-1.jpg

Packing up

bermuda77.jpg

Our cruise was coming to an end:(. Debarkation was a breeze. We didn't do self assist and were in our car by 11am for the ride home. I really liked not having to fly.

We really enjoyed this cruise, no complaints whatsoever, and will continue to cruise Carnival. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer them. I do have quite a few more random photos I'll try to post later. Until then, happy sailings to all my fellow cruise fanatics.

I almost forgot to post these. If you've been following our motely crew, we're always dressed in beach attire or shorts and tshirts. Just wanted you to know that we do clean up nicely for dinners.

Our cast of characters

Burt (Skipper) & Mickey (Marianne)

bermuda14-1-1.jpg

Jim (Gilligan) & Michele (Ginger)

bermuda4-1.jpg

Bob (the Professor)

DSCF0320-1.jpg

Mickey, the Professor here! Really enjoying your review. Great pics and memories. And by the way, I was truly ripped off in the men's hairy chest contest. Keep up the good work. Love Bob:)

We miss you Bob.

Enjoyed your review and the pix, Mickey! I guess Charlie and I don't qualify to be the Millionaire and his wife, huh? (Just because Charlie isn't anywhere close to being a millionaire and we do cruise w/Carnival - where we met you guys & the rest of your motely crew!) Loved the beach scenes and colors in your pictures and esp. the one of you holding the sun! Sure wish we could have gone, too - but then we'd have needed w Boston Whalers! So guess it worked out for the best. Thanks for sending me the link. (Couldn 't get the first 2 pictures open, though - Bay Bridge, I assume? Are those the ones you were talking about that Burt noticed did not show up?)

BTW, it seems those squirrels really helped! ;)

Maria

Great review Mickey! I like to see what other people did on the cruise. I agree---Bob was robbed---I screamed as loud as I could (and trust me, that's loud!) for him. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Glad everybody had a great time--we did too!

Great pictures Mickey. I think that everyone that I talked to agreeded with you that Bermuda is the most beautiful Island we have been on. It sounds like you had the right idea renting the boat, will have to keep that in mind for the next time.

Enjoyed meeting everyone

Until next time,

Chuck and Marty

CalicoCat, I too had planned to shop that morning, but by the time we finished with the fort, the lines to check out in the nearby stores were too long.

Chuck, Marty and Sue, thanks, it was great meeting you guys.

I forgot to mention on here that Sue had set up our Meet & Greet on the first sea day. We did a Dirty Santa gift exchange and had a lot of fun with it. I really wanted that dog!

Maria, we really missed not having you & Charlie on this cruise with us. Can't wait to see you on the Navigator. Go Cards!

I promised I'd post a few more pics.

Here's some of Baltimore. We stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott. Hotel used to be a bank and still has the vault which they use for a conference room.

DSCF0278.jpg

DSCF0283.jpg

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

Archived