connecting balconies divider

I apologize, as I suspect this has already been asked a lot. We have connecting balcony staterooms on Oasis OS, and we were wondering if the balcony dividers can be configured to open from one balcony to another. Previous cruises on Voyager and Freedom class, this was doable.

TIA!

From what I was told from RCCL was that NONE of the dividers can be opened now due to safety issues. I have to admit I was so bummed I actually called back to speak to a different rep and got the same answer ;). So as of now the answer is no but that's not saying some people can't still get it done. Maybe someone on a recent cruise would be able to tell you their PERSONAL experience with this.

The best person to ask when you get onboard is your cabin steward..They will know if that particular Captain is allowing them to be opened during your cruise...

On our last cruise on Oasis (sept 17) the divider between two balconies on the Boardwalkwere open. When I asked, I was told that none should be opened for safety reasons; Guest services should know; just ask them, as you board: they are on deck 5 aft, as you get on the ship.

Happy cruising:)

On our last cruise on Oasis (sept 17) the divider between two balconies on the Boardwalkwere open. When I asked, I was told that none should be opened for safety reasons; Guest services should know; just ask them, as you board: they are on deck 5 aft, as you get on the ship.

Happy cruising:)

The 2 balconies you are speaking of were probably left open by mistake due to the open request from the prior cruisers in those 2 cabins or by the cleaning crew as sometimes happens...The safety issue comes into play if the cabins are not occupied by families/friends...Guest services can be crowded on boarding day..just as easy to ask your cabin steward if you/family/friends are requesting directly adjoining balconies to be open..No safety issue if you all agree..This is always up to the Captain and can vary from cruise to cruise...Captain to Captain...

Just curious... but what is the safety concern? If the room steward confirms with the occupants of both cabins that they are OK with having the divider open, what's the issue? If the concern is that the divider will be left open for the following cruise, by mistake... you would think that checking the divider, making sure it is securely locked should be part of the turnaround day procedure. We are on the Navigator for New Year's with two rooms next to each other and hope to have our balcony divider open for a larger balcony. I'm not trying to be ignorant, but I don't really see any major safety concerns regarding this. Maybe I just don't have my thinking cap on. :p

Archived