Carnival Deposit Question

waterpyro

I just got back from my 2nd cruise, and want to go ahead and start working up for a third. This time I'd rather pay some small amount every month or so, instead of deciding to book <30 days out, and be broke for the next month or two.

What's the deposit like for 2 people to book a cruise; maybe a 10 to 12 months out?

Deposits are based on length of the cruise, not when you book.

** After you book( which you can do 10+ months out) you can make small payments online whenever you want with the balance being do (I believe) 60 days out.

We booked a 7 day cruise for next June....Our deposit for 2 of us in a balcony empress deck room was 738.00 total for both of us.

The final payment has to be paid for us by April 1st. I think it is about 10 weeks prior to your cruise date that your final payment is due:) Enjoy♥

We booked a 7 day cruise for next June....Our deposit for 2 of us in a balcony empress deck room was 738.00 total for both of us.

The final payment has to be paid for us by April 1st. I think it is about 10 weeks prior to your cruise date that your final payment is due:) Enjoy♥

The deposit for a 7 day for 2 people ($250 each) is $500.

Maybe the final payment date is based on cruise length as well.

My Nov 24 cruise had a final payment date of Sept 25 so thats 60 days...

My PVP allowed me to put a deposit for one down to secure the price for my husband and I both. We're are paying off the second deposit and remaining amount on the cruise, given about 3 months total to complete the payments. We sail 2/20.

Really?!? Maybe a silly question but are you both signed up for the cruise. Before when I had asked I was told that you could put down a single deposit but the second person couldnt be signed up with out the double deposit and that the 2nd person pricing would depend on when they booked.

We are cruising in November so naturally I will be putting down a deposit in December :cool:, with final payment being in Feb it will be tight around Christmas and that sure would help!

This sounds like a deposit with an insurance payment or/or prepayment of gratuities added as deposit for 7 days is $500 for two.

Really?!? Maybe a silly question but are you both signed up for the cruise. Before when I had asked I was told that you could put down a single deposit but the second person couldnt be signed up with out the double deposit and that the 2nd person pricing would depend on when they booked.

We are cruising in November so naturally I will be putting down a deposit in December :cool:, with final payment being in Feb it will be tight around Christmas and that sure would help!

yes, Im sure thats what she meant. they put one name down and paid the one deposit and secured the cabin and the rate. the 2nd name can be added later.

the 2nd pax rate should be secured.. I think you were told incorrectly.

He is not booked, but will be added when the second dep is paid in full. I have the amount for two people on my billing minus taxes for the one, but only I am on the reservation so far.

yes, Im sure thats what she meant. they put one name down and paid the one deposit and secured the cabin and the rate. the 2nd name can be added later.

the 2nd pax rate should be secured.. I think you were told incorrectly.

He is not booked, but will be added when the second dep is paid in full. I have the amount for two people on my billing minus taxes for the one, but only I am on the reservation so far.

Gotcha.... now with ES you cant book this way correct? Because you cant change the name?

My PVP allowed me to put a deposit for one down to secure the price for my husband and I both. We're are paying off the second deposit and remaining amount on the cruise, given about 3 months total to complete the payments. We sail 2/20.

Why haven't I ever thought of this...with four of us in a cabin its always 800 bucks to book a cruise...this is a heck of a way to get a room and work towards paying it off... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed a few of those "$25 deposit" type posts; is that because of a group discount or something?

Also, would a TA be able to take a smaller deposit, or would Carnival require those normal amounts? A relative just started an agency, so if it can be done lower, I'd do it that way.

I noticed a few of those "$25 deposit" type posts; is that because of a group discount or something?

Also, would a TA be able to take a smaller deposit, or would Carnival require those normal amounts? A relative just started an agency, so if it can be done lower, I'd do it that way.

The $25 deposit are for CC group cruises.

When I booked with a TA the deposit rate was the same as Carnivals... it may change TA to TA though.

I was just charged 1400 for a deposit for 4 people on the Spirit for next August. Did the deposits go up?

Was it for alaska or a longer cruise?? Must be one or the other, or you paid too much.

host mach just posted the most common deposits .. if you go to FAQs there are other amounts below those.

To the poster with 4 in the cabin .. you probably cant book a cabin for 4 with one person, so that might not work out for you and only pax 1 and 2 rates are locked in. .. not that pax 3 and 4 are that high that it would worry me overly.

I also did this! I booked as a solo traveler, paid my deposit, and then added my DD to the cabin a couple months later. By then, I had been making payments on the fare, and her deposit was covered. The only additional fees I had to my balance were tax. I requested to pre pay gratuities, so that was also added.

My PVP also told me this works best if there will be only two travelers in the cabin. When booking for one person, you cannot select a cabin that is meant for 3 or more people.

Archived