Gifts themed to cruising

janetz

Hi everyone. Our DD has booked her first cruise on the Miracle for April vacation. A Christmas gift for her boys, ages, 13 and 17. I am planning on giving therm some cruise related items as gifts. I am thinking gift card to their fav store for swim trunks, sunscreen, some travel sized toiletries, if I can fnd out what they use. I have ordered the Carnival brochure with DVD also. Any other ideas? Thanks ahead. :)

Hi everyone. Our DD has booked her first cruise on the Miracle for April vacation. A Christmas gift for her boys, ages, 13 and 17. I am planning on giving therm some cruise related items as gifts. I am thinking gift card to their fav store for swim trunks, sunscreen, some travel sized toiletries, if I can fnd out what they use. I have ordered the Carnival brochure with DVD also. Any other ideas? Thanks ahead. :)

Disposable underwater cameras!

We've done OBC for my in laws when traveling. I agree with other comments. You could also possibly make steakhouse reservations or chefs table if their ship has that and give OBC to pay for it for parents. Possibly money to cover behind the fun if offered and they are into that. OBC could also help for photo purchases. OBC for soda/arcade/gifts for kids. OBC for shore excursion is great too. Sunscreen is a fun stocking stuffer type thing.

If they have to go in the night before, you could give them a hotel gift card to cover their night stay. I've never done any of the bon voyage gifts so don't know if they are a good price or not, but that might be fun to have in their room.

OBC's so they can use it however they want, even if it's used to cover the tips.

We are going on a family cruise the end of this month and told DS & DIL that we are doing OBC's but don't expect a Christmas gift.

I pre-purchase awesome excursions as gifts for my teenaged son. One time a bought him (us) the snorkeling with sharks excursion! Another time I gave him (us) an intro to scuba excursion! We cruise in February usually, his birthday is in October and of course there's christmas. I usually print pictures of the excursion from the Internet and put them in a card or something! Anyway those gifts have created lifetime memories for us!

A beach safe (dry box)! I have two or three and always take them with me. You can keep credit cards, money, room keys, etc. in them while diving/snorkeling/swimming. Inexpensive and well worth it for everyone on your list!

http://www.ronjonsurfshop.com/beach/accessories/misc/smalldrybox.aspx?DepartmentId=732

I've got a couple from Ron Jon and they work great. I can't vouch for others from other companies. I have the large ones, not the small ones.

We gave our daughter a cruise for her honeymoon. I went to Target and bought a plastic container with lid and made a "Honeymoon Cruise Survival Kit". Printed that out with a picture and taped it inside so it showed through. I filled it with a couple mini champagne bottles, travel clock, nightlight, travel size laundtry detergent, flask, natural hangover remedy, aspirin, tums, etc. Everyone thought it was really cute. :)

OBC's so they can use it however they want, even if it's used to cover the tips.

We are going on a family cruise the end of this month and told DS & DIL that we are doing OBC's but don't expect a Christmas gift.

How do you purchase OBC for someone else? I don't think I've ever seen that in the gifts sections.

I did up a little gift bag to say thank you to my friends for going on my birthday cruise with me. I put in bubbles for sailaway, leis, beads, lotion, chap stick, luggage tags, tissues, post-it notes, highlighters, pens, downey wrinkle spray, small bottles of alcohol/wine, candy, gum. There are lots of little things you can pick up in any dollar store. For the kids, I would definately add an ITunes card if they have an Ipod.

How do you purchase OBC for someone else? I don't think I've ever seen that in the gifts sections.

http://www.carnival.com/bonvoyage/addtocart.aspx?cat=giftcertificates&pid=fsd

since you want them as a gift-- ask them to send you the certificates. there is instructions with them to add them online.

or they can take it to the pursers desk.

Include a lanyard so they do not lose their sign and sail card

When I asked this question while planning my DH's surprise 40th birthday cruise a few months ago everyone on CC had great suggestions. Some of these will be more subtle than what you are looking for, but check it out. Here is a link to the thread entitled "Gifts that Hint at Cruise": http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1381065

Archived