Viking Cruise Video - Basel to Amsterdam

gymnast46

Hi folks,

My wife and I have only done three cruises - Western Caribbean, Mediterranean, and the Rhine but it was the latter that produced the fondest memories. We had a marvelous trip from Basel to Amsterdam. If you've ever contemplated taking this trip, sit back, have a glass of wine, and enjoy the video.

Had a nice surprise. I posted the

on Viking's Facebook page with the following text:

Sit back with a nice glass of wine and watch our trip from beautiful Basel up the Rhine to fascinating Amsterdam.

I got this response:

• 277066_122446663491_1678224602_q.jpgViking River Cruises Since it was a weekend morning when we watched this... we sat back with a cup of coffee instead. And we're glad we did! What a wonderful video. The pictures are terrific & the musical selections are fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

I should explain something. You'll see a few photos with the cover of a music CD displayed. A young friend is a singer/songwriter and has been appearing at the Hard Rock Cafe at Foxwoods in CT. We took shots of the CD at the Hard Rock in Heidelberg and Amsterdam as well as a few other locales. We extended by a couple of days in both Basel and Amsterdam so you'll see some shots of the Ramada (great hotel) at the beginning and a fair number of shots of Amsterdam at the end.

Unrelated: My wife and I just booked a five day Royal Caribbean cruise to Bermuda leaving October 22nd. It will be my first time there although she visited it years ago. Any items you can recommend on the "must do" list?

• 4 weeks later...

Viking gave us a further surprise this evening by profiling the video on their Facebook Page.

Viking River Cruises

Viking travelers Pat Moore and Penny Trick have shared a

of their ‘Rhine Getaway’ — you’re sure to like it! Check it out & then tell us: What do you love most about the Rhine?

Archived