Lower Promenade Deck Cabins on Ryndam

LDVinNC

We have booked a guarantee cabin on the Ryndam transatlantic next April. Yes, I KNOW that by booking a GTY we are agreeing to accept any cabin in categories FF or higher. I am somewhat worried about getting assigned to a Lower Promenade deck cabin - we like to leave our curtains open. Will passers-by be able to see into the cabin during the day and/or at night when the lights are on? If so, perhaps we should switch to a fixed cabin. Thanks.

We've had L.P. cabins on three ships by choice. The windows are mirrored, and lights on the deck are quite bright and left on all night, so it's quite difficult to see in, either day or night. When your steward makes up the bed for the night he will close the drapes, so you don't even have to think about it. :)

Here is a daytime picture. I thought I had a night time one also, but I can't find it. :(

The lights are so bright at night that we take clothes-pins or chip bag clips to keep the drapes closed tightly. In a pinch one of the closet hangers with two pants clips will work.

2901098770099632937S200x200Q85.jpg

Lower promenade deck rooms (oceanview) are our absolute favorite rooms on the R and S class ships. Yes at night one can see through the mirrored windows and see in if the room lights are on, but not if they are off. We usually open the curtains after retiring. The great thing about these rooms of course is the ease of popping out the nearest open deck door and the view is grand.

Jim

Lower promenade deck rooms (oceanview) are our absolute favorite rooms on the R and S class ships. Yes at night one can see through the mirrored windows and see in if the room lights are on, but not if they are off. We usually open the curtains after retiring. The great thing about these rooms of course is the ease of popping out the nearest open deck door and the view is grand.

Jim

They are our favorites on the S & R class ships too. If you are located near one of the doors that lead out to the deck try ordering room service coffee, taking your tray and sitting on the P.D. to have your coffee:D. We take the tray back to our room when we are finished so we don't leave a mess.:)

We have chosen the Lower Promenade on three of our Ryndam cruises. I second what everyone else has said. It is a great location. We just finished 2 weeks on the Amsterdam on the LP.

Karen

Ditto. We booked gtee for this year's RYndam April TA and were given a wonderful upgrade to the LP in a D category room right by an exit to the outdoors.

So convenient for daily walks, checking outside temp in the a.m., sitting on lounge to watch the dolphins. Also convenient to coin laundry, which was very handy on a 21 day cruise.

No worries on the people walking by for reasons others gave.

We have enjoyed LP cabins on several cruises. Our favorite was an upgrade on a guarantee where the cabin was only steps away from a door to the Promenade deck and as a bonus there was a public restroom right across the hall which came in handy a few times.

Archived