Lindbergh Bay/Emerald Bay

dismom3

Hello,

Yes its open to the public. The resort allows you to use their chairs, pool... they suggest/request you buy a few drinks at the beach/pool bar or lunch. Its a much quieter beach then Sapphire, has less watersports if that is important to you and no snorkeling.

--Islander

Hello Dismom3,

If both beaches were sparsely populated I would choose Magens Bay, mostly because I like it there. The thing is Magens Bay is seldom sparsely populated during the day when ships are in port; in which case I usually choose to go to a less populated beach like Emerald Beach for example which is quite nice and the water is very clear.

--Islander

I went to Emerald Bay on Easter Sunday and asked to be dropped off at the Best Western Emerald Bay Hotel as I was told this was the "nicer" place to go to. There were 4 of us in my little group and I did not want to be the "obnoxious cruise ship people who just grab hotel beach chairs", so I went to the front desk. I told them we were from the ship and would it be OK to use their chairs as we would definitely be running a bar bill and that I would happily pay for a chair rental as well. The clerk behind the desk told me we could not use their beach chairs as the hotel was full and I needed to go elsewhere.

So...I walked next door to the much simplier (in appearance) Island Beachcomber Hotel. Went to the bar there and said the same thing to the bartender. She told me I was more than welcome to use their chairs and there would be no charge. She said she would gladly run a bar tab for me all day and I should just settle before I left! She didn't even ask for my credit card up front!! Wow!!! This hotel might be simple in appearance, but they obviously have a smart bartender who knows the right way to run a business!!!! We enjoyed ourselves there for about 5 hours that day and spent at least 75$ at the bar. Letting us use those 4 chairs cost them nothing (as they had plenty of chairs for their hotel guests all day), earned them 75$ and more importantly they've got our future business and recommendations to others. Also.....I looked over at the Best Western a couple of times throughout the day and they had stacks of chairs that were never used! Their loss!

Wow,I'm surprised! Must be because it was Easter? When I called there,they said no problem. We'll be there on our cruise in May,so I'll see what they say when we show up. I hope they let us stay for the day because I want to use their pool

Laura

Archived