Carnival Triumph after Dry Dock 2011....Post Here

adschmad

I'm excited & hoping to see some reviews & pictures start coming in, hopefully today! LOL!

Hello Cruisinsyd

We will also be on the Triumph with you Saturday! You are so very welcome to join our roll call ...we are all a bunch of happy go ready sailors who can't wait to CRRRUUUIIISE!

Here is the link. Stop by and say hi and I will add you to the roster. It's on page 13, a few pages back on our roll call link, post #250.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1364216&page=18

Hope we get an update today from the bunch getting off after the first dry dock and looking forward to bunches of reviews!

Hey girl! Have a great time & enjoy your cruise! I hope you're planning on doing another review with pictures when you get back. ;)

I do not know what is/was being done to the Triumph, but I did get a few photos of it in dry dock. I was in Freeport on the Carnival Pride on Sept 30.

BG

BG

Very cool pictures!

Received word from my today PVP.....nothing new just routine maintenance, new carpets, funishings, lighting and tile work. Also no serenity deck since aft pool is more of an adult pool area, the ship has 3 pools.

Ugh I reeeeally wish they'd put in a Serenity deck... The aft pool is nice, but with the Pizzeria & Grill back there it is NOT an enforcable adult area.

I'm excited & hoping to see some reviews & pictures start coming in, hopefully today! LOL!

Hey girl! Have a great time & enjoy your cruise! I hope you're planning on doing another review with pictures when you get back. ;)

Very cool pictures!

Hello Meyer2! Thanks for the good wishes. I am too tired to be excited. Been a rough year. Don't know if I'll do a review but I'll let you know how I liked it. Cruising for the ship, this time, not for the ports.

Hey All,

Just back today from our 4 day cruise to Cozumel. This was my first time on the Triumph, so I can't compare before and after. However, this was my 9th Carnival cruise, so I do have plenty of Carnival experience.

Wasn't sure what to expect, with the ship having just come out of dry dock. But, what I can tell you for sure is:

NO new flat screen TV's in the rooms. In fact, the TV in my parents room was broken, and took 2 days to be repaired.

Didn't notice new carpeting. Did notice stains throughout the ship. But, not in a big way. Just showing use!

NO new mattress in my room.

Safe worked with card, not code and there were trays in the buffet lines.

Oxford Bar was still wasted space. Only saw it during embarkation drill. My mom used a wheelchair, and this is where our meeting place was designated.

NO Serenity area. I took a cruise in May on the Carnival Magic in Europe. Serenity area was AWESOME!!

NO specialty dining options. Again, we really enjoyed the Italian dining room and the Steakhouse on the Magic! Definately worth the extra cost.

One thing that I really appreciated was that it was no extra cost on the Triumph to use the sauna and steamroom. On the Magic, it was an additional cost. Having said that, the sauna door refused to stay closed, so it was hard to get a good steam. One of our fellow cruisers rigged the door to close properly using a towel. Thank you, sir. Too bad the ship staff couldn't figure something out. Furthermore, the two whirlpools next to the main pool were broken for the entire cruise. The whirlpool near the waterslide was also not working for part of the cruise, but was eventually fixed. The two at the aft portion of the ship were fine, but full! Ha.

Now, having cruised so many times with Carnival, my expectations weren't met. My room was dusty! (dusted my own closet doors. VERY dusty behind our TV.) Our bathroom was clean, but rusted area at base of door frame. It's as if Carnival doesn't go that extra step anymore. Staff seems to be BLAH. And, management is apparently OK with this attitude, because it seems to be happening more and more. Furthermore, Carnival must find this to be OK as well. NO MORE COMMENT CARDS are given at the end of the cruise. Why not? Possibly, they don't care what we think!!

This cruise was fine for a quick get away. The shows were awesome. The sun was hot. Cozumel was very nice. The assistant cruise director Juice did an awesome job. BUT, Carnival needs to step it up a notch, and not at the expense of it's customers. There is much competition out there, with many opportunities for me to spend my $$ with other cruise companies. I have loved Carnival in the past, and hope to continue to using them for vacation fun. Hoping our Platinum status will help things out the next time!

Hey All,

Just back today from our 4 day cruise to Cozumel. This was my first time on the Triumph, so I can't compare before and after. However, this was my 9th Carnival cruise, so I do have plenty of Carnival experience.

Wasn't sure what to expect, with the ship having just come out of dry dock. But, what I can tell you for sure is:

NO new flat screen TV's in the rooms. In fact, the TV in my parents room was broken, and took 2 days to be repaired.

Didn't notice new carpeting. Did notice stains throughout the ship. But, not in a big way. Just showing use!

Oxford Bar was still wasted space. Only saw it during embarkation drill. My mom used a wheelchair, and this is where our meeting place was designated.

NO Serenity area. I took a cruise in May on the Carnival Magic in Europe. Serenity area was AWESOME!!

NO specialty dining options. Again, we really enjoyed the Italian dining room and the Steakhouse on the Magic! Definately worth the extra cost.

One thing that I really appreciated was that it was no extra cost on the Triumph to use the sauna and steamroom. On the Magic, it was an additional cost. Having said that, the sauna door refused to stay closed, so it was hard to get a good steam. One of our fellow cruisers rigged the door to close properly using a towel. Thank you, sir. Too bad the ship staff couldn't figure something out. Furthermore, the two whirlpools next to the main pool were broken for the entire cruise. The whirlpool near the waterslide was also not working for part of the cruise, but was eventually fixed. The two at the aft portion of the ship were fine, but full! Ha.

Now, having cruised so many times with Carnival, my expectations weren't met. My room was dusty! (dusted my own closet doors. VERY dusty behind our TV.) Our bathroom was clean, but rusted area at base of door frame. It's as if Carnival doesn't go that extra step anymore. Staff seems to be BLAH. And, management is apparently OK with this attitude, because it seems to be happening more and more. Furthermore, Carnival must find this to be OK as well. NO MORE COMMENT CARDS are given at the end of the cruise. Why not? Possibly, they don't care what we think!!

This cruise was fine for a quick get away. The shows were awesome. The sun was hot. Cozumel was very nice. The assistant cruise director Juice did an awesome job. BUT, Carnival needs to step it up a notch, and not at the expense of it's customers. There is much competition out there, with many opportunities for me to spend my $$ with other cruise companies. I have loved Carnival in the past, and hope to continue to using them for vacation fun. Hoping our Platinum status will help things out the next time!

I feel the same way - CCL needs to step it up a notch. I hate to throw this in; but your Platinum status will not make a difference at all! ;(

Hey All,

Thanks for coming back and giving your opinions. Im looking to hear from more people on this sailing...

This is what I got back when i asked my PVP:

Ship Refurbishments and Renovations

Plans for 2011 Dry-dock

• Routine hotel maintenance
  • Cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work, lighting in lounges and public areas

Completed during dry-dock: 9/21/08-10/04/08

• 270-square foot LED Seaside Theatre installed on Lido Deck
  • 14 Floor-to-Ceiling 6E staterooms converted to 8F balcony staterooms
  • "Circle C" young teen club added to Sun Deck 12 featuring a high-tech sound and lighting system, plasma-screen TVs displaying movies and music videos, a touch-screen jukebox, and gaming pods with the latest video games and consoles.
  • A variety of cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, wall coverings and tile work throughout the ship.
  • The ship now has Wi-FI access, bow to stern.

I guess im planning on having fun regardless of what was done...Cruising is all about what you make of it!

Archived