Guarantee P3 (Hopefully!)

janeba

Hi all

I booked a p3 Guarantee for the QM2 which leaves next Friday. I spoke to Cunard (about another booking) and they assured me a stateroom would be given last week, I still haven't got one! When I have booked a guarantee booking before I have always been given a number within say a week, normally a bit of an upgrade!

Is this unusual so close to departure date or I am I being concerned unnecessarily. Has anyone actually got as far as the ship without a cabin number?

As always your reassurance is greatly appreciated.:confused:

Hi, I remember reading somewhere on this forum in the past that this has happened to some people; some ended up getting the room they booked and some received an upgrade. I feel for you not knowing which room you will call "home" on your cruise, but don't worry you will definitely have at least P3. I wish you a bon voyage and hope to hear of your experience when you return!

Barbara

I believe the longer you have to wait the more chance you have of a better upgrade. I've aways use the guarantee booking system and on more than one occasion not been allocated a stateroom until almost 24 hrs in advance.

On my last crossing eairlier this year although I was allocated a stateroom some 72 hours before departure I found I was further upgraded at checkin. I'm taking a crossing in November and received the pre voyage info/luggage labels some weeks ago and noticed I'd been given an upgrade, however this week I was informed the E ticket was available and have just noticed a change of cabin number and a further upgrade !! ( Many Thanks Cunard ).

I don't think anyone knows how the upgrade/guarantee system works, it's all down to the capacity on the day.

Good Luck and don't worry.

Bell Boy:)

Hi all

I booked a p3 Guarantee for the QM2 which leaves next Friday. I spoke to Cunard (about another booking) and they assured me a stateroom would be given last week, I still haven't got one! When I have booked a guarantee booking before I have always been given a number within say a week, normally a bit of an upgrade!

Is this unusual so close to departure date or I am I being concerned unnecessarily. Has anyone actually got as far as the ship without a cabin number?

Hi janeba, Do let us know when you are allocated your cabin, would be wonderful if you are upgraded.

Princess Grill cabins are very nice, also the dinning room and the food is wonderful.

Catherine

I'm not sure if you know where the P3 staterooms are, so here's a picture for you.

They are on deck 10 (of course) and are staterooms 10.007,10.008,10.010 & 10.015.

web.png?ver=13181323590001

Seeing as how there are only 4 P3 staterooms, you do stand quite a good chance of being upgraded, I would have thought.

I booked a guarantee stateroom back on the 13th July 2010 and have just been allocated a stateroom today. How's that for waiting? And yes, I did get an upgrade (within grade).

Hi all

Hi Jane

Don't worry - as others have said, the longer you wait the more chance of getting an upgrade. Trish and I were on the QM2 last Feb from Fremantle to Sydney and didn't have an allocated cabin until we boarded, and scored an upgrade as well.

Cheers, Peter.....

Just checked the personaliser for what feels like a thousand times and my stateroom has been given. I have received a P1 upgrade from P3 so very happy with that!

Thanks again for the responses really put my mind at rest, now only 3 sleeps to go!!

Just checked the personaliser for what feels like a thousand times and my stateroom has been given. I have received a P1 upgrade from P3 so very happy with that!

Thanks again for the responses really put my mind at rest, now only 3 sleeps to go!!

Excellent news. You are going to love the Princess Grill restaurant and your stateroom. Make sure you come back here and post a review.

Archived