Things to do in FLL after disembarking with a 6pm flight?

Vexorg

Just a couple of days ago I booked the January 28th Crown Princess cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, and I am in the process of trying to sort out my flights. Currently, the best option for a return flight looks like one that departs from FLL at 6pm, which would leave some time to kill in Fort Lauderdale. With others in my group leaving earlier, it's likely I might end up on my own for that time. I'd be interested in getting some ideas for things to do for a few hours that won't take me too far from the airport (renting a car for the day would probably be doable though.)

I know about the Princess disembarkation excursions as a possible option, but it seems like those would still leave several hours of waiting at the airport, so I'm not sure if that's the way I want to go (I also already went on the Everglades airboat ride on the previous cruise, albeit not on the Princess excursion.) I also did the water taxi tour in Fort Lauderdale the day before the cruise last time, and although it was interesting, once was probably enough.

Archived