Type of car seat for 3yr in California

MrsNobby

Hi

Can any one tell me whether my 3 year old can use just a car booster seat when travelling from LAX to Long Beach or whether he would need a high backed booster seat. My not so little one is 40 inches tall and 42lbs and I will be using a private shuttle.

We are travelling from the UK and I would prefer not to have to bring my high backed seat if possible as we shall only be using it for the journey to and from LAX.

Thanks

I have one of those aswell and would prefer to bring it that was why I was asking. I didn't want to get to LA and find out I couldn't use it. Would the backless booster seat be OK to use for a 3yr old? I'm from the UK and we have slightly different rules ie children up to 12yrs have to use a car seat.

I have one of those aswell and would prefer to bring it that was why I was asking. I didn't want to get to LA and find out I couldn't use it. Would the backless booster seat be OK to use for a 3yr old? I'm from the UK and we have slightly different rules ie children up to 12yrs have to use a car seat.

Here it is by height and weight. So if your child meets the requirements for a booster backed or backless is your choice. If you look at the link that was posted your child would be fine in a booster. The picture they show is a high back booster but it would be perfectly safe and legal to use a backless one. I have a 1, 3 & 5 year old and for traveling the oldest has been using a backless since he was 3. My 3 year old doesn't meet the weight requirement so she still needs a car seat. Dragging two car seats and a booster is the worst.

First, contact your shuttle service; see if they have child restraints available, if not, maybe find another service that has car seats/boosters available? That seems like the easiest option. We use a hire car service in Orlando that provides child restraints.

A good option for your might be the RideSafer Travel Vest! It is a vest, folds flat and can be carried in a large backpack. It is bigger and heavier than I expected but we've gotten lots of use out of ours - we keep it handy to transport spare kids on playdates and often use it in Grandmas car when we have multiple children.

It is fairly expensive but is so nice for traveling!

http://www.safetrafficsystem.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival transfers are the large buses/motor coach. No seat belts, so car seats won't work.

Agreed on previous posts... backless booster is fine if you are comfortable with that. If you don't plan to use it other than the transfer, you can also check with your private car service to see if they can provide one. Our services have always provided one at no additional charge.

Archived