New to Carnival - need suggestion

mrs.cog

I dont think there is any ship that is going to be the same as RCL, who would want them identical.

The new Magic arriving in Galveston next month, will have a new ropes course that looks like fun to climb up high.

It will also have waterworks.

Spirit is going to Australia, but its slated to have the steepest waterslide at sea once its renovated.

What port is the easist to go out of. Thats where Id start.

The Legend is my favorite ship that does Western (out of Tampa). A little easier to navigate, has 3 pools on lido, feels less crowded. However, it doesn't have the big screen on Lido, so if that's something you enjoy, you'll want to pick a larger ship. The Dream alternates Western...she would be the largest. Then there are a couple in the class in between that also do Western. Most of the activities will be pretty much the same between ships, so that shouldn't be an issue....just depends on whether you want the largest ship type of experience with a few more bells and whistles or not. Your best bet would be to do a booking for Western and see what ships come up and then go look at them to see what you think. Also see if the port they leave from makes any difference in your decision. Good luck!:)

We have cruised Royal and Disney. Can you suggest a ship for us. My two sons 16 and 19 really like all the activities on the Freedom. What ship would you suggest? We enjoy the Western Caribbean. Thanks!

If you are looking for the same amount of activities I would look at the Magic when it goes to Galveston in Oct. or the Breeze when it hits Miami later next year.

Archived